Saturday, August 21, 2010

{twenty}


Walked 20 miles today. No metaphors here, I literally walked every single one of those 20 miles. My feet are sore (even though somehow I was lucky enough to get no blisters), my muscles ache, and I have a sunburn. (Running 10 miles yesterday morning didn't really help the situation.)

The upside?

I was able to spend the day with my Scouting, merit-badge-earning son, and watch him work hard to accomplish something difficult. I'm a proud momma--he did really well.

I got to talk to my very good friend for seven straight hours.

And I burned 2500 calories.

---------

It was a good day.


6 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Good job!

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

Thanks for the return comment on my blog. Sounds like a GOOD day!

Carn Family said...

Wow...you are awesome. What a special day that must have been for you and Ryan. Good job!

Erica said...

WAY TO GO!!!

Yvonne said...

Way to go mom--those are the moments that will live in your heart forever. (The aches and pains will leave but the memories of your time together will stay with you both forever ; )

Rob and Toni said...

Way to go Ryan...and MOM! I like walking, but that many miles after running recently...no thanks!

Post a Comment