Caroline Elizabeth was born at 12:44pm on March 20, 2013. She weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces, and was 21 1/2 inches long. She came with a double chin, chubby cheeks, and the cutest little face you've ever seen.
Because of two past c-sections, and the fact that I had been carrying twins both times, my doctor confirmed at the beginning of my pregnancy that I would be delivering via c-section at 39 weeks, unless I went into labor on my own before that. The risk of pre-term delivery was higher this time around, since my girls were born at 34 weeks, and boys at 35 weeks. Even though their prematurity was due to the fact that they were multiple births, once your body has been through early labor, the chances go up that it will happen again.
My lovely and amazing parents came the third week in February to stay
with us and help me with kids and house, and with Rick still gone over
100 hours a week or more, it was perfect timing. I ended up going all
the way to 39 weeks, and I honestly believe that it was in part due to the
fact that I was able to rest so much more than I would have otherwise.
My dad has taken on the kids, and entertained the boys everyday. He's
currently putting our new (and huge) play set together in the backyard, and let me
tell you, it's quite the undertaking! They've gone on a million trips to the
park, snake-hunting adventures in the woods, packed lots of lunches in
backpacks, ridden the trolley, been to the library and story time, ridden bikes and scooters all over the neighborhood, and more. My mom has been the laundry queen, and
with five (now six) kids, that's a job in and of itself. They've both
taken on ballet, piano practice, soccer games, bath time, bed time,
homework, taking and picking up from school, making meals, packing
lunches, and so much more. I really couldn't have made it through it
without them, and I'm so grateful for everything they've done. We are
really going to miss them when they leave next week!
It was wonderful to have them here while I was in the hospital. I ended up needing to stay in the hospital longer than usual--five days--and it was really nice to be able to have Rick with me each night. Because I wasn't able to take care of the baby much at all, someone was with me at all times. My mom came three days in a row and stayed all day, bringing with her our favorite movies to watch. When she was 4 days old, Caroline had already watched Pride & Prejudice (BBC version), and all of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea! It was so fun to have her there with me, and it made the experience so much more bearable. Rick and my dad stayed at home to man the fort, finish the boys' bunk beds, and set up the crib. They were super busy, and made it all happen. All of them are super stars!!!
The kids came up to see the baby and me when she was just a few hours old, and it will always remain one of my favorite moments. They have been anxiously awaiting her arrival for a long time, and finally the time was here to meet her! The look on their faces when they saw her will stay with me forever--it was so sweet. They each held her, and each had to take a turn feeding her. I could tell that I was going to have plenty of helpers once we got home--they love their baby sister!!!
{Seeing the world for the first time...}
{First Visitors}
{Going Home}
This picture was taken the morning I went into the hospital--the fab five for the last time!!
Now there were six...
Every seat filled!!!
This little baby girl is absolutely adored by us all, and we are smitten! ♥♥♥♥♥♥
















10 comments:
You have posted photos of the little boys in so long I and I think others will be surprised to see how different they are not just in looks but in size. The smaller one really looks like he could be the little brother. Caroline is beautiful! U think you might have one that looks line you.
yay yay yay - love her already!!!
She is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Hope you recover quickly. I am sure you will really miss your mom and dad. What a huge blessing to have them there.
I so love seeing all the pics!!! Such sweet expressions of all {6}! of your kiddos. Miss Caroline is so precious...she is darling!!! Give them all big hugs from me!
Oh your sweet little Caroline is just beautiful--absolutely perfect. The pics of your children seeing her for the first time made me cry. So very sweet.
I am so glad your parents were there to help. They sound like they are AMAZING!!!
LOVE her!! And I love seeing all the other kids too! Miss you guys!
So precious! I'm glad you are home, you didn't say much about your 5 days, but it sounds hard! I know you had your Jane Austen, but still.... :) Best wishes on a quick recovery and Caroline is adorable.
so so cute!!!
That's one thing I really missed was having the girls come to the hospital after Jaxon was born. RSV was so bad this year they wouldnt allow them to come.
Caroline is beautiful! Hope everything is going well.
Congratulations! Caroline is so precious and is certainly a lucky girl to be in such a loving family. Sorry about the five days in the hospital. That happened to me after Madeline was born by C-section and it was really unpleasant. So glad you are home and healing. May God bless you and your beautiful family.
She really is adorable and I can't believe you are a family of 8!! That is so awesome! I hope your recovery goes well and is fast!
Post a Comment