Monday, July 14, 2014

{the month of june in pictures}

We've been busy around here.  I don't know why I always think that the summer will slow down, because it never, ever does.  Yes, it's more relaxed without school and schedules, but with swimming lessons, music lessons, church stuff, activities, and having all six kids all on my own is just busy.

The house is on the market, and I'm kind of insane when we have a showing. I'm already OCD when it comes to cleaning, but even if we have 45 minutes notice, I have to clean all the bathrooms, vacuum, dust, sweep, mop, and clean the kitchen in its entirety.  Even if I just did it the day before. I know, I know.  But I can't help it!  The kids are troopers, and Ryan is always a huge help.  The upside is that we get to go somewhere fun after all the cleaning, while people are looking at the house.  We usually get to eat out, which all the kids love, but I'm running through our food budget awfully quickly!  

I also have a whole new appreciation for single mothers.  Rick has always traveled some, and he has almost always had long hours, but this is just so different.  There is just no way to put it into words, and I know from here on out, I will always see them in a different light. I also appreciate everything that Rick did so much more than I ever have before.  This is a new adventure for me, and for all of us, and together we're figuring it out.  He's now been gone almost two months, and  we will be separated until our house sells, so there are many prayers around here that that will happen soon.  

Here's our month in pictures...

My girls...taking a walk on one of our picnic lunches.


 During this hot summer, trips to the library are frequent!


Our washer stopped working, and started making a funny sound. Normally I would call Rick to fix it, but I was on my own this time.  I was very proud of myself for this one--I researched it online, figured out what it was, and fixed it...all by myself!!


 Our usual morning learning time...


 My children are ADDICTED to popcorn. Seriously.


 These girls make me so happy!!


My Friday night dates!!!  We went to a movie and then to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory--it was perfect!


 Ready for church...and Ryan's new glasses!


 These giant waffle blocks have seriously been the best toy investment I've ever made. All of my kids love them, and they entertain them for hours nearly every day.  You should see what they can make! This movie night they built their own theater seats...


 She was pretty intrigued by the goldfish on her new pajamas.  Plus, she's pretty cute.  ☺


 There are no hand me downs around this house, due to the ages of genders of the kids, so it means lots of new pajamas a couple of times a year.  They get SO excited about it, it cracks me up!!  Kate & Emma have always matched each other, but not they're pretty excited that they get to match Caroline too!


 Last week my friends and I had the pool to ourselves!!  All of the kids lined up, and jumped in together...they were patient while we grabbed a camera.  Isn't that what moms do?  ☺


 Really, I just want to squish her little self every minute of the day.  And I do.


 This is usually the view that I get when I try to take a picture of her.  Little turkey.  I'm still trying to get one of her smiling, because whenever I get out my phone to take a picture, she runs away!


 I've heard that moms take less pictures of their younger kids, and it may or may not be true, but that has never happened with me.  I may even take more! 


 Our dishwasher broke, and so before our new one arrives, the kids are learning how to wash dishes the "old-fashioned" way.  They actually love it--but everything is exciting when you're 8!


 My heart. ♥