Somebody is TWO!!!! I might just be writing this through a few tears, because honestly, it's just going too fast. She's my baby, and I'm trying my hardest to enjoy every moment, but I feel like I'm not keeping up.
Caroline is the absolute light of our lives, and adored by every member of the family. She pretty much gets whatever she wants, which is kind of cute now, but it's not going to be so cute very soon. We're working on that. :)
She didn't say much for a long time, but all of a sudden she's decided that it's her time. Words are just tumbling out of her mouth, new ones every single day, and I love her little pronunciations. She's extremely independent, even more than what I remember my other kids to be. Since turning the ripe old age of two, she refuses to sit in her highchair and has to sit on a stool like the big kids. She is also refusing her sippy cup, and requests a regular kids' cup. She likes to put on her own shoes, comb her own hair---pretty much anything she does, she likes to do herself. "ME", she says. For the most part, we comply--independence is good, except for when it's not. :) She LOVES books, and always has to have one in her bed when she's going to sleep. If it's dark, she'll say "eye, eye", which means she wants the light on to read for awhile. She reads them too herself, talking out loud and turning the pages--most of it is mumbling, but I can't wait to hear what she's really saying! Can I tell you that this girl likes to eat? She is constantly in the kitchen, asking for a "nack" (snack). Green apples, goldfish crackers, string cheese, raisins, blackberries, and raspberries are some of her favorites. I feel like I'm feeding her all.day.long.
Like all of my kids, she's a great sleeper--still naps, goes to bed around 7:30pm, and wakes up 12 hours later. She plays hard, sleeps hard, and is an absolute doll. She makes life fun, and we can't imagine our lives without her!! We love you, baby girl!!!