We went on a Saturday night--the last performance. It had been raining the whole week, and I was so glad it finally lifted for that last night. We packed a picnic dinner, and spread out blankets and chairs right behind the lat row of chairs. It was perfect for the kids--they had a huge lawn to run around and play while we waited for it to start, and it wasn't so far away that you couldn't see the stage.
I actually ran into a whole family that I went to high school with, and their mom, who was the guidance counselor at the high school. I hadn't seen any of them since graduation, so it was fun to meet their spouses and their children. One of our friends from Midland was performing in the pageant, and we got to see her and talk to her for a little bit too. Such fun! The Hill Cumorah pageant is just one of those places that you're probably gong to run into someone you know!
The pageant was incredible--I can't believe the whole production is put together in just four days. Over 700 people, all the lighting, props, costumes, set--it truly is impressive. It lasted until about 11:15pm, and surprisingly all the kids were still awake!
What a perfect night!
