The biggest news? Jack & Henry started kindergarten!! I really did cry over this--I'm always sad when it's time for my kids to leave for school and be gone during the day. I miss them like crazy, and these boys have made my life very interesting and exciting. It's just not going to be the same, but I'm happy for all of their new adventures.
I took them to school the first day, so they could carry all of their school supplies and teacher gifts. Rick was even able to tag along, which made it even more fun! The boys were super nervous, and I knew that they were scared that first morning. I hugged them tight, told them it would be okay, and then walked out the door. I turned around and saw Henry's face, and I barely held it together while I waved and smiled. Oh man, that was hard. I cried all day.
Caroline missed them too. She missed all the adventures and entertainment that the boys have always provided her, and I'm just not the same! I think she is enjoying her alone time with me, but she definitely wants to know where the boys are. It's going to be an adjustment, for sure.
The bus couldn't come fast enough that afternoon, and it was so fun to see four kiddos getting off! I was bombarded by papers and stories and lots of school news, and it was a super busy afternoon. Kate had a really hard time at school--she was the only one from her previous class and didn't know anyone else, and it's been a difficult adjustment, but it's getting better now.
That day was also our anniversary, so we weren't home long before we headed out the door to meet friends for dinner. It was a whirlwind day!!
Just the two of us!! I haven't been alone with just one child in many years, and it's SO quiet!
0 comments:
Post a Comment