I woke up this morning to the sum streaming through our windows. It seemed later than usual, but I hadn't heard a peep from anyone. I looked at the clock and it said 8:45am. 8:45am???
I haven't slept that late since...well...I can't even remember when. I turned up the baby monitor on my nightstand, and still nothing. I turned to Rick, and he was as baffled as I was. I was just getting ready to get up and make sure everyone was okay when Ryan walked in.
He had this grin on his face--you know-- the kind when they have done something they are proud of. He came over to the bedside, and in one breath said, "I got the babies up, changed their diapers, got them dressed, fed them breakfast, made pancakes for the girls, and cleaned up. Now everyone is downstairs watching a movie."
He was so proud he was about to burst, and so was I. He did a fantastic job--everything was under control. That's a lot of work for anyone, much less an 11 year old boy. He is going to be a great dad someday, and I'm one lucky mama.
Later, Emma was telling me all about what Ryan had done, and she told me how lucky she was. Then she said, "But you weren't so lucky, Mom".
Little does she know.
I haven't slept that late since...well...I can't even remember when. I turned up the baby monitor on my nightstand, and still nothing. I turned to Rick, and he was as baffled as I was. I was just getting ready to get up and make sure everyone was okay when Ryan walked in.
He had this grin on his face--you know-- the kind when they have done something they are proud of. He came over to the bedside, and in one breath said, "I got the babies up, changed their diapers, got them dressed, fed them breakfast, made pancakes for the girls, and cleaned up. Now everyone is downstairs watching a movie."
He was so proud he was about to burst, and so was I. He did a fantastic job--everything was under control. That's a lot of work for anyone, much less an 11 year old boy. He is going to be a great dad someday, and I'm one lucky mama.
Later, Emma was telling me all about what Ryan had done, and she told me how lucky she was. Then she said, "But you weren't so lucky, Mom".
Little does she know.
21 comments:
Wow! What a little sweetheart! And what a lucky mom you are!
That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! What a sweet boy!
Oh my that is so sweet.
can I borrow him?
Sorry, that was me on the iheartmesa. Sometimes I forget to switch accounts.
Awww, sweet boy!!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Holy Canoli! I am sending Harris to live with you. Maybe Ryan can rub off on him. Great job Ryan! I can't remember when I have slept in pass 7am.
Wow...what a blessing Ryan is! That is awesome that he wants to do that for his siblings!! How sweet!!
What a sweet boy!
That is awesome! I think he earned himself a few browinie points after a morning like that. What a sweet boy.
You are so very lucky indeed! I LOVE that he was just bursting with excitement...such a sweet sneaky one!!!
that brought tears to my eyes. what a sensitive, kind boy you've got!
THAT is priceless! What a good job you guys have done!! Give yourselves a pat on the back!!! :)
absolutely adorable. does he hire out???
No. Way. I knew he was really special, but holy cow. I like the cleaned up part... he's your son. =)
How special. I can't wait for a day like that at my house. It's awesome when your kids all get along. It makes life so much better.
What an amazing boy you have!!!
What a sweetie. You are so right--he will make a great husband/dad.
And, yes, you are one lucky mama.
What a great boy! That is the best gift ever!
How thoughtful, what a great kid!
Wow that is awesome! What a good boy! That is A LOT of work!
Post a Comment