I love watching my girls grow, and their differences becoming even more apparent. They are playing soccer this season, and their opinions on the matter are completely opposite.

"This is GREAT!"
"Can we play everyday?"
"I'm going to get them..." (with a grimace on her face)
"I chased them down, Mom!"
Soccer according to Emma:

"I don't like these pointy shoes!" (cleats-"pointy" on the bottom)
"I like the white team better. It's a prettier color." (Our team was green)
"I do not look pretty in this outfit!" (her soccer jersey, shorts, and shin guards)
and my personal favorite...
"It hurts my leg to kick that fast."
.....
Emma still hasn't been on the field--not for practice or in a game. She sits by me and we cheer on Kate, and she'll say how proud she is of her sister. As soon as the game is over, she hops down as fast as she can to get her juice and snack. I love it though--we have great conversations about pretty much anything other than soccer. :) I'm glad she had the opportunity to play, and now we can find something else that she is going to love.

Kate loves being on the field, chasing the ball (in perfect 4 year old beehive fashion), and doesn't mind the mud one little bit. She's a girl after my own heart for sure!


3 comments:
Isn't it great as a parent to see the divine identities emerge among your children and realize that although you've raised them completely the same, they can be so vastly different? I suppose that's what makes a family so much fun!
So so cute! It has taken us a few try at different things to find out what our boys love the most.
It is so fun to see how different they are ; )
Enjoy.
BTW, I love your Winston Churchill quote on your sidebar
Post a Comment