My girls are {5}.
They were sweet babies...

darling toddlers...

and are now beautiful 5 year old girls.
.....
We actually didn't celebrate on their birthday this year. The boys were sick all week long, and Rick was working long hours. Luckily they are young enough not to notice, and adding on a few more "sleeps" was done easily enough. Celebrating on the weekend always seems to work a little better anyway, and this was no different.
They woke up this morning to breakfast--their choice of sour cream cinnamon muffins, hash browns, and orange juice. They were also surprised with a fun box of cold cereal, which is always a treat since I never buy sugar cereals. They ate pretty fast so they could get to their presents, and squealed with delight when they were finally opening them. It was so fun to see how excited they were, and they loved everything they received.
After church we had a BBQ in the backyard, then had an absolute riot on the trampoline. We laughed and laughed--it was delightful. I came in for a few minutes with the girls to finish frosting their cake. They each got to decorate one side, and boy, they went to town with the sprinkles! They love to be a part of decorating, and it's so fun to do together.
After cake and ice cream (they couldn't wait to blow out the candles!), we went inside for a rousing game of Pretty Pretty Princess. Rick and Ryan were a team, and played against Kate, Emma, and me. It was hilarious to see these big boys covered in princess jewelry as the game progressed, and they even ended up winning in the end.
That Emma-girl just cracks me up... tonight she said to me, "Mom? Remember when I was 4?"
Yes Emma, I do. Like it was yesterday. :)
.....
Happy Birthday sweet girls--I love you.
.....We actually didn't celebrate on their birthday this year. The boys were sick all week long, and Rick was working long hours. Luckily they are young enough not to notice, and adding on a few more "sleeps" was done easily enough. Celebrating on the weekend always seems to work a little better anyway, and this was no different.
They woke up this morning to breakfast--their choice of sour cream cinnamon muffins, hash browns, and orange juice. They were also surprised with a fun box of cold cereal, which is always a treat since I never buy sugar cereals. They ate pretty fast so they could get to their presents, and squealed with delight when they were finally opening them. It was so fun to see how excited they were, and they loved everything they received.
After church we had a BBQ in the backyard, then had an absolute riot on the trampoline. We laughed and laughed--it was delightful. I came in for a few minutes with the girls to finish frosting their cake. They each got to decorate one side, and boy, they went to town with the sprinkles! They love to be a part of decorating, and it's so fun to do together.
After cake and ice cream (they couldn't wait to blow out the candles!), we went inside for a rousing game of Pretty Pretty Princess. Rick and Ryan were a team, and played against Kate, Emma, and me. It was hilarious to see these big boys covered in princess jewelry as the game progressed, and they even ended up winning in the end.
That Emma-girl just cracks me up... tonight she said to me, "Mom? Remember when I was 4?"
Yes Emma, I do. Like it was yesterday. :)
.....
Happy Birthday sweet girls--I love you.
6 comments:
They are beautiful! Happy birthday girls.
I love this! Such fun memories created. Your Emma is surely a crack-up! Good thing you're getting it in writing.
Happy Birthday Emma and Kate! Wishing you a very fantastic year of being 5. I remember being 5 and 5 was great!
How fun to let them each do half of their cake--I bet they loved it.
It is so fun when they are so excited about their gifts.
That little Emma sounds like a real character--love the "remember when" comment ; )
Super cute - glad you guys had such a fun day!!!
So cute!! Happy Birthday girls!!
Post a Comment