Wednesday, April 3, 2013

{easter sunday...happy blessing day!}

What a special day!  Not only was it Easter Sunday--which is my favorite Sunday along with the Sunday before Christmas--but my sweet baby girl was blessed.

She's only 10 days old, and normally we would wait until at least the first of May, but this was my parents' last Sunday here, and we really wanted them to be here with us for it.  Since I'm not going to church yet, we had the blessing here at home, and it was wonderful.  We blessed our boys at home too, for the same reason, and there is just something really wonderful about bringing that Spirit into your home. Rick did a beautiful job, despite Miss Caroline crying because she was so hungry!  

She wore the blessing dress that my grandmother made for me when I was blessed, and I was thrilled I was able to use it.  I wasn't able to when I had Kate & Emma (one dress...two girls), but I had always planned on it.  My mom and I were trying it on her this week (which barely fit in the tummy area, she's already a chunk!), and discovered how lovely the full-length slip was underneath the crocheted overlay. Hand stitched hems, pin-tucked neckline, ecru muslin, and lace around the bottom were vintage loveliness, and just my style.  She even hand stitched my birth date in the back neckline, which I hadn't noticed before.  I decided to have her just wear the slip, but since it was sleeveless, I added a darling shrug that my girls wore to my sister's wedding when they were tiny babies. I LOVE how it all turned out, and it was really special to me that she was able to wear that dress. I was especially close to my grandmother, and I think of her often. I know she would have just loved all my babies to pieces.  I think she was watching today...

I took a few pictures of Caroline today in her dress, and a couple others, I was so happy she stayed asleep long enough for me to take them.  I didn't have long, so I had to hurry, but I'm glad I was able to get these.  I was hoping I would have my nice new camera by now, but that isn't the case, so I had to make do with a not so great one, but such is life.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to take more with my new one! 






 
Happy Blessing Day, darling girl!  We love you!

1 comments:

Twins Squared said...

What a sweet, sweet picture! And how neat to have her blessed on Easter Sunday! Congrats again!

Post a Comment