Sunday, November 3, 2013

{happy halloween}

Halloween is always a favorite day around here. The kids of course, for obvious reasons (spelled c.a.n.d.y), but I love the fun dinner, being with friends, walking around the neighborhood and seeing everyone out, and seeing all the kids so excited.

We got together with the Haddox family for dinner--traditional chili and cornbread--and then went with them trick-or-treating.  Last year there wasn't enough houses in our neighborhood to trick-or-treat here, but this year we didn't have to worry about that.  The kids actually got a ton more candy, because each house gave handfuls, instead of one or two pieces.  We were joined by several families along our way, and had a great time talking to them and getting to know them better.

After we finished trick-or-treating, then annual "dump-everything-out-on-the-ground-to-see-what-candy-I-have" commenced.  SO. MUCH. CANDY. We usually weigh it, but this year was scared to.  

I traded candy for book fair money, and they really wanted it that way, so everyone wins! 






Happy Halloween!