Monday, April 7, 2014

{bluebonnets}

One of the best times of the year in Texas is the early spring when the bluebonnets bloom.  They are only here for a few weeks, and everyone goes on the hunt for the best patches.  With the girls' baptism coming up, I knew I wanted to take their pictures in them for their own invitation, and if I was REALLY lucky, get a photo of all of my kids.  We aren't going to live in Texas forever, and it seemed fitting to capture them in the beautiful flowers that will always remind us of our time here.

Fortunately, the kids all cooperated, and I was able to get one of the six of them, with all of them smiling!! It was a bluebonnet miracle.  I *may* have done a little bribing and threatening, but I won't admit to that under oath.  I spent just a few minutes with all of them, then moved on to the girls.  We were really pressed for time--the wind was blowing, the sky was dark and cloudy, and rain was threatening.  It was supposed to rain the next day, and the next weekend the flowers may not have been around. I took as many as I could, and hoped for the best, and thankfully, I got some that are perfect for their invitation--and for our house.  



 






 


Happy Spring!