Monday, April 7, 2014

{soccer & volleyball}

This spring has been incredibly busy. Well, a Texas spring that it.  :)  Spring starts the beginning of January, and that brings spring sports! 

In our family, when you turn four, that means SOCCER!  The boys couldn't wait, and I started searching for a place for them to play.  It's weird here--we don't live in a city, and The Woodlands isn't a city, so there isn't a Parks and Recreation Department like I'm used to.  There are a couple of options for soccer that are closer to our home, but I didn't like any of them, for different reasons.  I ended up signing them up with the YMCA, even though it was going to be a little bit of a drive.  I wondered what it would be like, but now that we're in the middle of the season, I'm so glad!!  It was a good choice, and we will definitely do it again. It's also CRAZY to have a soccer season starting February, but you have to--you can't play later in the spring/summer, because it's too hot.

Four year old soccer is my favorite.  Seriously.  It's pure entertainment watching all these little kids run around in a "hive", scoring in the wrong goal, and being so thrilled when they make one.  I love it!  Jack and Henry are very different on the field--Jack is more nervous, but when he's in, he's totally into it. Henry is not nervous one little bit, and when he's paying attention, he's pretty good! We do have to talk to him about picking up his teammates and carrying them around. I think maybe football (the other kind) is going to be his thing.

 




 

 


Kate was finally old enough to play volleyball--also through the YMCA.  They have a league that starts in 2nd grade, and she couldn't wait to give it a try. The pink kneepads and pink zebra volleyball didn't hurt, either.  ☺  She is totally loving it, and wants to practice with me all the time.  I'm so glad that she's found something she loves, and I'm looking forward to her continuing to do so as she learns and improves as she plays. 




 


Whew.  So fun, but I'm so tired.  ☺