Remember how I said that Easter was a little crazy this year? Well, it continued on to the girls' birthday. I went out of town that week, and flew back home on their birthday afternoon--just in time for cake, birthday dinner, and presents. It was a BIG birthday this year...EIGHT years old!!! I seriously cannot believe that they are this age--it happened in the blink of an eye.
I'm so proud of who they are, and who they've become. They are lovely, beautiful, smart, kind, funny and good girls that bring a light to our home that can't be described.
{Kate}
Kate is the best little mother to Caroline and the boys. She's extremely nurturing, and loves to help take care of the baby, read stories to the boys, and really anything I need her to do to help with the younger kids. She loves to be active, is a great athlete, and loves pretty much any sport. She's happiest when she's outside riding her bike, climbing trees, playing volleyball, or playing at the park. She's great at math, and it's her favorite subject in school. She plays the piano, and especially loved playing in a quartet for her baptism and Emma's violin recital. She is such a sweet girl that loves to help me in the kitchen, make crafts, and go shopping with me. Her favorite food is anything sweet.☺
{Emma}
Emma loves to read. Mysteries are one of her favorites, and I'll often catch her snuggled up reading one of her American Girl mystery books. She loves science, and wants to be a scientist when she grows up. She's deciding between working for NASA and being a marine biologist. She loves ballet, and is so excited about her ballet recital in a couple of weeks. Playing the violin is one of her new favorite things, and she's really doing well and enjoying it. She also plays the piano, and she and Kate like to play together. Emma loves to write, and I get lots of love notes and stories on my nightstand. She is so funny, has a great sense of humor, and keeps us all on our toes. Her favorite food is pizza...and anything sweet. ☺
We love these girls!!!!
They were THRILLED to get new bikes as a present, and considering they had completely outgrown their old ones, it was perfect timing. They also got new robes, which they've been asking for forever, new books, and from Gramme and Poppy, a tea set (Emma) and Raggedy Anne (Kate).
They can't wait to be baptized in a few weeks, and are anxiously awaiting the big day.
Happy Birthday, darling girls!!!! xoxoxo

