Trenton and Lyndi and their family had a huge layover at the Houston airport on their way back from Peru, so we were the LUCKY ones to spend the day with them before they headed back to Michigan. I kept it a secret from my kids, because I love a good surprise, and I couldn't wait to see their faces!
After they got to our house, I took the Smith girls with me to get Kate and Emma out of school. I had the Smith girls wait outside the doors, so as soon as Kate and Emma came out, they would see them. It was fantastic. They kind of stood there, frozen to the spot, with huge grins on their faces, then there were hugs all around. I loved it!!!
Trenton and Lyndi were both absolutely exhausted after such a long trip through the night, so they headed to bed while I got to hang out with the kids. We headed to the park that afternoon, and even Rick was able to come meet us for awhile. What I loved the most was that it was like no time had passed--these little friends love each other, and it was so fun for me to see.
All too soon, it was time for them to go. It was too fast, but I'll take even a few hours! We love you, Smith Family!!!




