My boys are going to kindergarten! *sob, sob* I'm not kidding...I am NOT ready. I'm really not. I look back over the last five years, and I simply cannot believe that it's already time for them to go to school. I will absolutely miss them so much, and I don't know how the house will be without their laughter and rambunctiousness. Probably pretty boring. :)
I know it will be "easier", but I don't care. It's hard for me to let go of my kids, because once they're gone, that's it. They spend more time at school than they do at home, and their years at home with me are over. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to be at home with all my kids, and the boys are no different. They are absolutely delightful--full of mischief and craziness, yes, but with that brings a lot of fun. I will miss them terribly.
But...I'm excited for them too, because I know they will love kindergarten, learning, and making new friends. Both of them will be challenged in their unique ways, but I know it will be good for them. Kindergarten orientation was this past week, and it was a good look into what we can all expect starting in the fall.
A friend watched Caroline for me, so I could take the boys myself, which was perfect. The boys stayed in the kindergarten classrooms and met the teachers, while all I was with all the parents in the gym for our own orientation with the principal and other administration. Once we were both finished, we all headed to the cafeteria, where they were able to go through the lunch line, and even get cookies and milk! (Henry really loved that part. :) ) After we ate, we got to go for a ride on the school bus, which my boys have both been talking about forever, as they've watched the girls ride it everyday. The bus driver told them all the rules, and Henry even got to be the example for "how to cross in front of the bus". I think we'll need to teach that a couple more times!
It was a wonderful morning with my boys!