Sunday, May 24, 2015

{violin recital}

A few weeks ago, Emma had her very first violin recital with her new teacher and studio. It was actually a group recital, which they do every spring.  She's taking the Suzuki method, and her teacher is quite simply the best music teacher I've ever seen. She is fantastic--technically excellent, kind but firm, and a professional violinist that has traveled the world several times over.  We are so lucky to have her!

Her students don't sound like typical violin students, especially considering their ages.  I was stunned but the level of talent when I heard them all play together--from the tiniest student to the college students.

Emma loves playing the violin, and she did really well during the performance.  It was an old historic building in the art district of downtown Buffalo, which is actually now a private high school.  It was the perfect place for such a wonderful recital!