Monday, June 22, 2015

{memorial day}

I love Memorial Day. It's a patriotic holiday, it's usually nice weather, and it's made up of parades, good friends & good food. This one was no different!

We went to the Clarence Memorial Day parade, and the kids got quite the candy haul.  We did learn that we needed to be at the beginning of the parade, and we would have gotten a lot more, although I think I'm okay with the fact that we didn't.

We were invited over a family's house that afternoon and evening for a BBQ, and it was quite the party!  There were several families there, and tons of kids, so my kids of course were in heaven.  We spent the day chatting and playing, and then got home in time to bathe the kids and get them to bed.

The night before we had a pre-Memorial day dinner with some of our other friends, and it was just as delightful.  We had YUMMY food, and we played games and talked for hours.  The kids even got to go for rides on the ATV, and they were totally thrilled.

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend!!