Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Tidbits

January actually went pretty fast. Usually it drags by a little, after the hustle and bustle (and excitement of the holidays). It's also a long month, and seems long, but not this year.

 It probably has to do a little with the fact that my book deadline was the 15th, and it crept up on me a lot faster than I thought it was going to.  Thanks to the patience of the kids (lots of cereal for dinner!), and Rick's help taking over things at night and on the weekends, I was able to make my deadline and cross off something I'd been working on for nine monte.  I was sad and happy to have it finished, but I'm definitely glad to have more time back in my daily schedule.  With all the craziness, we still managed to have a little fun too!

Here are our tidbits from the month...

Snow  = hat hair!!


Caroline is pretty sure she's Batgirl. (She says it "Batgurr".)  She goes around all the time saying "Batgurr saves the day!", and "Batgurr to the rescue!" She calls Rick Superman, and this is how they say goodbye in the morning before he goes to work. It's seriously the cutest thing.


Trying on Ryan's glasses fascinates her!


My beautiful and smart Kate.


Kate needed a little help on one of her math tests, so Rick took her down the street to our corner cafe for study time and hot chocolate.  She loved, and so did he.


Speaking of hot chocolate...we're kind of obsessed with it around here.  Toasted Coconut is my new personal favorite!


Broadway is calling!!


Thankfully she has a good big brother who helps out during church to keep her occupied and quiet.  And not singing " I love my family" (and naming each one of us by name) so loud that the nearest five rows around us hear her.  


If you have to do your homework, you might as well look cool doing it! 


Just a little ballet lesson before work!


This is what happens when your big brother is in charge!


One Sunday afternoon the kids built a huge fort under our kitchen table, and they actually made it big enough that we all could fit in it! At least for a few minutes.  :)


This girl relishes her alone time with me while the kids are at school. She misses them a lot, but she sure loves being the only one that gets to lick the beaters! 


This is the view out our backyard, which we're super lucky to have, considering we live in an apartment.  The perks of living in the country are awesome!


My cuties...headed to school!


I about fell over when Ryan told me I could take his picture after church.  He usually avoids the camera like a plague!  Isn't he handsome??!!


The girls had a choir concert this month, and Kate wanted to jazz up her black skirt and white shirt with a black tie. I just love her sense of style, and it's been really fun to see both of the girls decide what they love.  They both looked adorable and sang great!


This girl LOVES snuggle time!


Sunday snapshot of my three girls...


One of the girls in Rick's Sunday school class was the lead in her school play (Annie), so he took the girls with him to go see it, and then get ice cream afterward.  Such a fun date night!


January...check!