
Yesterday Ryan asked her if she wanted to be President when she grew up, and she responded by saying "No, I want to be queen!!"! That pretty much sums it up, although I'm pretty sure she already is, and everyone in the family supports it. Just the other day, she was in trouble for writing on the wall, and Rick sent her to timeout. Henry felt bad, and volunteered to sit by her so "she wouldn't be bored.". :)
She's been saying and doing such funny and adorable things lately (this is seriously one of my most favorite ages), that I just had to document them.
She eats a bowl of cereal EVERY single night before bed. It doesn't matter if she ate two hours before bed or fifteen minutes before bed, her ritual bowl of Rice Krispies simply must be eaten if she is to go to sleep without complaint.
She LOVES ballet. She has choreographed her own little routine, and it involved a twirl with her arms above her head, a little kick to the back, and then one leg posed in front of the other one. She puts on her hand-me-down pink ballet skirt from Emma, and flits around the house all day long. I think there are at least 150 twirls in her day.
She is obsessed with Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and loves to watch it on any device she can get her hands on. She knows ho to navigate Netflix with the best of them, and just how to get to her favorite show. She has learned lots of things from the show, but especially about loving her family. She loves to start singing on church about it too, and naming all the members of the family one by one, and that she loves them. It's pretty cute, although I wish she would choose a different place and time to do it!
She has a special bond with Ryan, and I love to watch it grow and develop. They're the oldest and there youngest, the only two that aren't twins, and they get to share a room while we're in our apartment.You'd think a seventeen year old would really hate having his two year old sister in his room, but he actually doesn't mind at all. He goes in every night when she's asleep, covers her up, and makes sure she's okay. They love each other, and I really love watching it.
Everyone in our family will do anything for her. For example...Rick holds her hand when she's getting her hair done. Another time Rick asked Caroline to go and do a small job. She went to Jack, asked him to do it for her, and she did!!!
One evening Rick and I had to run a quick errand, and she was upset that she had to stay at home. To make her feel better, Rick told her she could be in charge. About twenty minutes later, we got a call from Ryan. She put him in timeout and sent him to his room...and he went!! She also sent the kids down to the basement, then sat on the couch and turned on a show.
Things she says...
Itsy bitsy buggy (instead of spider)
GHOST! (instead of Boo!)
Lig = Lid
Hash brownies = hash browns
Neckflix = Netflix
All of her r's sound like y
She has an accent that sounds like she's from the South, which I suppose comes naturally, since that's where our ancestry is!
She also loves to tell knock knock jokes, which go something like this:
Knock, knock!
Who's there?
PETE! (which is one of her nicknames)
Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Cow.
Cow who?
Mooooooooo! (she does this with any animal she can think of)
Famous quotes...
She's two going on thirty, and some of the the things she says are so funny.
At the pharmacy drive thru--- "I'll take fries!"
After spilling something on the floor---- "I'm just a kid, mom!"
When Rick told her it was time for bed---- "No, thanks!"
When I told her it was nap time---"but the moon isn't up!"
Nicknames...
This girl has a ton of nicknames, and she responds to all of them, except her favorite is Liney, which is what I call her most of the time. Here are a few others...
Pete
Petey Pie
Petey Pants
Chubby
Punkin Pie
Bubs
I know, so ladylike. :)
Miss Caroline, we love you, darling girl!! We're so glad you're a part of our family!
0 comments:
New comments are not allowed.