Whew! This was the week of field trips, and I LOVED it! I was able to go with one day with each of the boys, and then with the girls and the entire 4th grade. It was a busy week, but so, so fun.
Our elementary school is right in the middle of our little town center, and the kindergarteners have been able to go on so many field trips to places within a short walking distance of the school. The building department, bank, fire department, pizza company, and candy store were all on the list at the end of year, and during Christmastime they mailed letters to Santa at the post office and then went for hot chocolate at the corner cafe. It's rather idyllic, and we are truly lucky to have experienced it. I went with Henry's class on Monday, and Jack's class on Tuesday, to a fun little shop called Creative Essence. The kids created a darling memory game, and loved being hands on with the craft supplies. The best part was walking there, hand in hand, and asking them questions about all of the things that kindergarteners love and want to talk about. I wanted to just freeze that moment in time--I know I won't soon forget it!
The big fourth grade field trip was to Cave of the Winds at Niagara Falls, and the girls were thrilled that I was able to come. Rick stayed home with Caroline because it was an all-day trip, and I had already used my babysitting allowances with friends over the last couple of weeks!
After attending morning program, where the girls were the announcers for the assembly, the girls got on the bus, and I followed behind. We met up at the falls, and there I met up with the girls, a couple of their friends, and their parents. We had SO much fun! We changed into our ponchos and shoes, took the elevator down, and then hiked up the steps alongside the falls. We were soaking wet, especially after going all the way up to the Hurricane Deck, which I must say, is appropriately named. After we finished there, we ate our sack lunches, then walked to the point to see Horseshoe Falls, and for a little hike along the trail. We lucked out with perfect weather, and it was so fun being there with them. Usually I have all the kids, and it takes all my concentration to prevent kids from falling into the falls, but this time I could actually slow down a little bit and enjoy the girls. It was perfect--I'm so lucky I got to go!

