Sniff. Sniff.
I'm not sure I even want to write this post. Maybe then it won't be true?! I can't believe my baby boys are now kindergarten graduates. How fast this school year went! They each loved kindergarten so much, and I'm really glad. They looked forward to school every day, and in largest part that goes to their fantastic teachers.
Henry had Mrs. Tomm. She was perfect for him, and under her wing he blossomed socially. She gave big hugs, and helped him through his homesickness. He is very bright in all subjects, but especially math and numbers, and she really challenged him. He made some great friends, and thrived in a structured environment. His favorite though? Gym and lunch. No surprise there!
Jack's teacher was Mrs. McClaren, and he absolutely adored her. She was so good for his personality--so friendly and fun--and he learned a lot from her. He also made a best friend in his class--Owen--and they were buddies! They also rode the bus together, and they stuck like glue in whatever they did. It was so fun to see their friendship blossom.
I'm just grateful for the teachers that love to teach, love their kids, and love what they do, and that's what we got on both accounts.
Rick was out of town for graduation, which he was really sad about, but we made the best of it. We all sat out on blankets on the front lawn of the school, and all the cute kindergartners lined up in front. They sang songs, recited poems, showed us some of their best artwork, received the time capsules, and read a paragraph about themselves. Can I just tell you how cute they were? I love kindergarteners!!
The program was followed by treats, pictures with teachers and friends, and playing on the playground until dark. It was a pretty great day.
Good-bye, kindergarten.
Jack and his best friend Owen.
Henry and Mrs. Tomm
Jack and Mrs. McClaren
My boys...who smile likes this when I force them to take a picture while their friends and treats are waiting!