Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Opportunity, ingenuity, and persistence pays off!

Every nook and cranny of our townhouse is packed full. There is not one space left, literally. We have 500 pounds of wheat, 3 cases of peanut butter, cases of diced tomatoes, and lots of oatmeal under Ryan's bed, hundreds of pounds of rice under the girls' cribs, and the list goes on and on. Really, a place for food storage is one of the things I'm most excited about in our new house.

Well, last week there was a fantastic sale on cereals, fruit snacks, crackers, and granola bars at Meijer. So, even though Rick had told me no more food storage (space issues, as previously mentioned), I couldn't pass up all the great deals. So, I bought a bunch, brought them home, and managed to fit them under Kate's crib.

I didn't think any more about it until today, when I happened to find the girls in their room, with the sack out, some of the fruit snacks out of the box, but not opened. I put everything back, shut the boxes, closed the bag, and put it way back under crib against the wall and behind the cereal. I figured that even if they got under the crib they would just find Cheerios and not go any further.

On my way home from Young Women tonight, I called Rick to see how the girls went down, and if everything was going okay. He told me a very interesting story. Apparently, Miss Kate had worked her hand down behind the crib, got the grocery sack open, got into the fruit snack boxes, and proceeded to open them and pass them on to Emma in her crib. When Rick came in to check on them, they had already downed 11 bags of fruit snacks and had more in their hand ready to go. Hello Kitty wrappers covered the floor (I had no idea they could open these!)and they were as happy as can be.

They may not be very happy tomorrow--come to think of it, I don't know that I'll be very happy tomorrow either...

8 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I love it! I guess this is how the human race has surived all these years as we have learned to accomplish the things we need to learn in order to survive...even when this included opening 11 packs of Hello Kitty fruit snacks.

Our Family Adventures said...

Your girls crack me up! Too funny!!!!

Andi said...

Looks like it might be a "Part of the Job, part 2". Good luck with that one.

I've had to limit fruit snacks at our house because I got tired of Paige asking for more. It's one of those things where one just isn't quite enough. But, eleven might be just right.

Carn Family said...

Wow! You are going to have to find a GREAT place for hiding Christmas presents. Those two girls are just too funny!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy how kids can get into practically anything if they really want to.

Megs said...

I bet every other time you opened them and they acted like they couldn't. When the cats away the mice will open fruit snacks get sick to their stomaches and have a fun time the next day. Love it:)

sheri said...

Oh my gosh, I'm giggling! That's hilarious!

Sheree said...

AAAHHH! that is so funny--sounds like something that would happen around here--and fruit snacks are so fun to clean up when they are slimy and smashed into things--hopefully they just ate them--and don't throw up.

Post a Comment