Sunday, June 1, 2008

10 Reasons I LOVE Summer!

1. Flip flops--LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I also don't have to dress my kids in coats, hats, gloves, and boots to go anywhere--YAY for sandals!!

2. All the yummy food! BBQs, fruits and vegetables, delicious salads--there are so many good things to eat in the summer. I can actually sit down with half a watermelon and eat it all myself! (I can't believe I just told you all that!)

3. Fires in the firepit in the backyard, roasting marshmallows and cooking tinfoil dinners. Yum.

4. The beach! Our favorite beach is about an hour and a half away, and we go several times each summer. We really love it there--perfect water, sand, and even lighthouses! It's a tradition to stop and get ice cream on our way home, and walk along the boardwalk where the boats are docked. It's wonderful!

5. Traveling, exploring, and camping--whether it's a short day trip, weekend getaway, camping, or exploring our town, there are so many fun things to do and see. Our annual camping trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes is one of the highlights of our summer, and we all look forward to it each year.

6. Getting together with friends--there is always a reason to see friends and hang out with them in the summer. Day trips, park days, BBQs, bike rides, swimming, hanging out in the backyard watching kids play, movie nights...I could go on and on and on. I have the BEST friends ever--I'm such a lucky girl.

7. Homemade ice cream. This brings back so many memories of my childhood--my mom always made ice cream on the 4th of July, and I still relate it to that day. We have also carried on that tradition, plus we make it lots more than that!!

8. 4th of July is my husband's favorite holiday, and mine next to Christmas. Parades, BBQs, fireworks, homemade ice cream, good friends, and the celebration of our country and its freedoms--

9. All the green everywhere--I am especially happy to see it after a very long winter of bare branches and "brown"ness.

10. It's not cold. :)

5 comments:

Erica said...

love it all too!

can't wait to go to the beach this year. we never ended up being able to go last year so we're super excited to go this summer!

smart mama said...

amen- esp to #1

Andi said...

Sleeping Bear Dunes was a favorite of mine. I'd come back to visit for that and another round of Mackinac Island. Maybe I'd even swing by and see your new house and eat your banana bread (you love your husband enough to make it more than once, right?) ;)

Michigan is a beautiful place in the summer, and even more beautiful in the fall.

Enjoy this time of year!

Jana said...

Can I come play with you this summer? Sounds like loads of fun!!

utmommy said...

I totally agree! I love summer!

Flip flops really are the best!

Post a Comment