There is a 10 year old at our house today, and I still can't believe it. The proverbial "time flies" is especially applicable in this case, and it really does seem like yesterday that he was a little boy. I really don't think I'm old enough to have a child that's 10...I guess that's what you get for starting young!
We have had a great day, even with the sad news that Rick missed his flight home and wouldn't get here until late tonight. We still had his special dinner of stuffed shells, garlic bread, and strawberries, but we are saving presents (since Dad has them in his suitcase, lol) and cake until tomorrow morning. Cake for breakfast--sounds good to me!
Ryan and I have developed a special bond over the years. He was my only child for 7 1/2 years, and with Rick in school for several years, it was just the two of us for a long time. I loved this time, and will always look back on it with very fond memories. He is a kind, funny, curious, talented, smart boy, and our house wouldn't be complete without him!
(Sorry about the picture quality--we didn't have a digital camera when he was young, and these are pictures of pictures. They were glossy pics, and I couldn't the flash to work right)
.....
Going home from the hospital

Hogle Zoo was one of our favorite places when he was little!

Family picture, 6 months old

One of our Christmas pictures, 1 year old

Merry Christmas!

I LOVE this picture--that cute "orange" hair!

Two cute boys

Ice skating for the first time

My mom's favorite picture of him

We had these pictures taken a few months before he turned 3. The picture of him from the side was taken because he refused to turn around and smile. I had the photographer go ahead and take the picture, because this was just how he looked when he didn't want to do something! If you look closely, you can see he's looking to the side, trying not to move his head!



At the airport, when my sister came home from her mission

Handsome boy, 5 years old

WE LOVE YOU RYAN!!
We have had a great day, even with the sad news that Rick missed his flight home and wouldn't get here until late tonight. We still had his special dinner of stuffed shells, garlic bread, and strawberries, but we are saving presents (since Dad has them in his suitcase, lol) and cake until tomorrow morning. Cake for breakfast--sounds good to me!
Ryan and I have developed a special bond over the years. He was my only child for 7 1/2 years, and with Rick in school for several years, it was just the two of us for a long time. I loved this time, and will always look back on it with very fond memories. He is a kind, funny, curious, talented, smart boy, and our house wouldn't be complete without him!
(Sorry about the picture quality--we didn't have a digital camera when he was young, and these are pictures of pictures. They were glossy pics, and I couldn't the flash to work right)
.....
Going home from the hospital
Hogle Zoo was one of our favorite places when he was little!
Family picture, 6 months old
One of our Christmas pictures, 1 year old
Merry Christmas!
I LOVE this picture--that cute "orange" hair!
Two cute boys
Ice skating for the first time
My mom's favorite picture of him
We had these pictures taken a few months before he turned 3. The picture of him from the side was taken because he refused to turn around and smile. I had the photographer go ahead and take the picture, because this was just how he looked when he didn't want to do something! If you look closely, you can see he's looking to the side, trying not to move his head!
At the airport, when my sister came home from her mission
Handsome boy, 5 years old
WE LOVE YOU RYAN!!
11 comments:
I love it! I can't believe Ryan is 10 years old. You definitely don't look old enough to have a ten year old :)
Although I loved all of the pictures of him when he was little I think I loved the ones of you and Rick even more!!!
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Love- Rob & Toni
Happy birthday Ryan!
Happy birthday. I can't believe he is 10. It has to feel weird to have a double digit in the house. Kids grow way to fast. I remember when he was just little. My JJ has always reminded me of Ryan. Good times. He has turned into a very handsome young man. "Double Digits"
10 YEARS OLD!!!! What a FUN age!!! I am going to copy your idea of the picture from a picture. I have been wanting to put up pics for Nicole's b-day but our computer has died and we are working on getting the files which have all of the pics. You have a Great Boy!!!
Happy Happy Birthday Ryan!!!! Wishing you another 10 years to come. Happy Birthday to you too Kierste!!!!
Wow! I LOVED the pictures. How fun to see little Ryan and even "younger" Kierste! I still think we need to have a get together one night and share all our old pictures. Sorry that Rick missed his flight...but cake for breakfast..YUM!
I remember him being that tiny little boy with the orange hair!! So cute and now so handsome. Happy Birthday Ryan!!
happy birthday
Happy Birthday Ryan.
You are so right about the time flying by--and you do not look old enough to have a 10 year old. Loved the pictures.
what a cutie! happy birthday, ryan!
Post a Comment