Wednesday, May 27, 2009

{no need for loincloths...}

The babies finally have clothes to wear when they arrive. I honestly don't know how the time has escaped me---and when I realized that the girls were born less than 8 weeks from the point I'm at now, I kind of panicked (okay, I REALLY panicked).
I'm usually much more prepared than I feel now, but I have to keep reminding myself that I also have two additional children, and have been extremely busy over the past few months. Still, it wasn't settling well with me, and I now have a plan.
So, when Rick had the day off yesterday, I seized the opportunity to head down to our nearest outlets, which are about 40 minutes away. We don't have much shopping available in our small town, so usually a trip is necessary to find everything you need. I totally lucked out, and found nearly all the items on my list, and on sale! Can I tell you how much I love the Gap?

Here's the rest of my to do list:

1. Garage sale this weekend! My good friend and I decided to do one together for several reasons--much more fun, and much more fun. :) We also didn't really have enough stuff separately to really have our own. So, I have one more day to mourn the fact that I am selling all the girls' headbands, hair bows, handmade toddler beds, and other items that I feel really sentimental about.

2. Next week/weekend: Paint nursery (chocolate brown), paint cribs (white), make canvas boards with initials and ribbon for nursery walls, put up vinyl lettering (my favorite nursery saying), find a lamp and ribbon to run through shade, re-finish end table. I totally scored, and found the most adorable brown gingham (it reverses to sold chocolate brown with the gingham around the edges) bedding on clearance.

3. Mid-June: Buy new car seats! Since I went all pink with the girls, we are starting from scratch. Also make sure bottles, liners, formula, burp rags, and diapers are squared away.

4. Ongoing:

-Continue to advertise our van (went up for sale 5 days ago), and look for a Sequoia (which we finally decided on, but is not available within 100 miles...)

-Keep plugging away on the basement--which is to be the new family room/playroom. Electrical is almost finished, and drywall should be going up soon. Hopefully we can really push ahead and finish quickly, since I need all the stuff out of the current playroom (new nursery-to-be).

5. Not go on bedrest. :)

Oh yeah...and decide on NAMES (details, details...).

16 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Hopefully, you didn't buy to much. I am sure someone is going to throw you a baby shower, but you are like me a planner. Being born in September we can't help it.

Carn Family said...

That time crunch at the end is always tiring and exciting. It sounds like you are on top of things...as usual :) I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get everything done you want to in the upcoming weeks!

Our Family Adventures said...

WOW, Good Luck with all of that!!

Jana said...

Good luck!!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Having a plan and/or list ALWAYS makes me feel better. Good luck!

Andi said...

Just thinking about you pregnant with twins, and with three other children, and your to-do list makes me exhausted! ;)

I read a blog about someone in a similar situation to yours the other day. I loved it... I'll email you the link.

Erica said...

Can I tell you how excited I am?!?! For EVERYTHING. The garage sale, the nursery, the decorating, the BABIES! I know everything will turn out wonderful and I'd be so glad to help with whatever - you know all that is fun for me :)

Swimmingmom said...

Bummer, wish I could be there for the garage sale! I bet your selling some cute stuff!!!! You are so much more organized than I am. I only have 3 more weekends left! Just filled the washer to wash all the new baby clothes and get those organized. Installing the carseat tomorrow. Do post a picture of the the nursery when you are near complete.

Yvonne said...

That's quite a list--good luck with getting it all done.

Be sure and rest ; )

Andee said...

Wow- sounds like your mentally prepared!! I am exited for you! And way to go on being so organized! But I have to say I am not surprised!! :)

Melanie said...

I'm still thinking some disposable loin cloths will be handy... =) =)

You are going to love having boys again!!!!!

Bilary said...

That list sounds so overwhelming, but fun all at the same time. I can't wait to see the finished products!

I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't end up on bed rest. And I can't wait to hear the names you pick out!:)

Brit said...

Umm...remember me, your long lost California friend? Well I have just accepted the fact that I am absolutely RETARDED when it comes to making headbands...I WANT YOURS!! No seriously, how much if I also pay shipping?

Brit said...

ps. anything else insanely cute I must have as well...I loved the way you dressed your girls and our styles are very similar when it comes to decorating...come on, i'll promise to post blogs that include them so you can still see them from time to time.

eight happy "hardts" said...

What an ADVENTURE you are in right now!! You never cease to amaze me. Let me know if you need any help painting!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Let me just compliment you on your ability to garage sell things that have sentimental value to you!! I hang on to things that cant/don't get used anymore, but I can't get rid of them because of the memories.... I need help :) Your organization skills are quite impressive as well. I have no doubt that you'll have everything you need squared away when your precious babies come :) Sending you Love and Hugs and Baby name inspiration!

Post a Comment