I have been steadily working on my list, and I'm happy to say that it is whittled down enough to seem manageable. We sold our van within a week, then found another vehicle within 3 days. It was a huge blessing, and one that was sorely needed. The cribs, bedding, and clothing are ready to go, the end table painted, and the nursery will be finished being painted tomorrow. I have a few decorating items to finish, but those won't take long. My good friend Erica found really cute car seat covers for me--ones that usually retail at $85--for only $30. So, instead of getting new car seats, I can use the covers. I'm happy about that, especially because my babies have never been in their infant car seats longer than 7-8 months.
The basement? Well, progress is being made. It always seems like whenever there is a major project that needs to be completed a million things find their way in that need to be done too. We are on a timeline though, and feeling good about it.
Well, after much deliberation, and MUCH coaxing from my sister, I am actually posting a picture of myself, taken this very morning. I don't know why I am so anti-picture during pregnancy, other than I don't have that "cute pregnant girl" look. I swell all over, including my face, and it shows very early. I have friends that look good the whole time, even after labor, and I have finally come to accept that it's just not me. So, for the sake of posterity, here you go:

and for your viewing pleasure...my lovely feet and ankles (I couldn't bring myself to show the legs too!):

As you can see, my toes are in real need of a pedicure, but I have finally hit the point where I can' reach them anymore. I think Rick is in for a real treat this week, when he gets to paint my toes. :)
All in all, things are going well, and we are enjoying our summer. I have found that it is still possible to do most things, even though they take a little more time. I know I need to enjoy the time I have with my kids now, because I know that will change all too soon!
23 comments:
I missed you tonight...but once I saw your feet I am so glad that you were at home getting some much needed rest. I would LOVE to come paint your toes for you when I get back. Hang in there and take care of yourself :)
You are darling pregnant!! Your poor feet though...I am sorry about the swelling. Good luck on your home stretch. Can't wait to see your little guys!!
You are too one of the cute pregnant girls! You're always so stylish and I can't believe how great you look this far into your pregnancy, with your second set of twins, no less! I'm so sorry about your legs and feet. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Keep those feet up as much as possible, especially at night! Let me know if I can do anything to help.
p.s. your hair looked so cute today.
Do you put indentations in your ankles and see how long they stay? We used to do that with my mom... she retained like crazy. I did with Paige too. My wedding ring was off by the 5th month. I cannot imagine what it must be like with twins... and your second set. So with all that, I think you're looking fabulous. Really you're a trooper!
Kierste!! Thank you for the reminder of what my feet used to look like! And I think you look beautiful - you're blonde? It's cute on you. Hey, my aunt emailed me that my CIL Kathryn had her twins yesterday, 7 wks early, and they're doing fine, but they'll be in the NICU for a while - but no Csec! Her girls turn 3 on Tuesday, so all 4 are under 3 for a couple more days. It made me think of you... hang in there, and I wish I could do your pedi for you!
You look soo happy !! And that's real beauty :) Can't wait to see pics of the new little one !!
I soooooo remember what those feet feel like!!Hang in there!! I KNOW you'll get it all done too- it always manages to work out! And you look great!! :)
I am feeling your swelling pain. Has your leg hair quit growing yet? Summer babies are so fun but getting there not os fun. Call if you need anything, we loved having the girls they fit right in!!!
OOOh your poor feet! I was swollen like that with Kyle, but not any of my other kids...... I don't know what the difference was. And I think you look fabulous! I really wish I lived closer and I'd take you out and we'd get a pedicure together.... massage those swollen feet :) It sounds like you are feeling optimistic and accomplishing more than I do without two sets of twins....kudos to you! :)
I'm glad things are going so well for you! Your poor feet. :( I seriously don't know how you can do twins twice--the pregnancy is so hard! Wow. I really admire you. :) I'll be asking advice in a week or two, I think. I've FINALLY hit term!!!
You look so cute. I'm so glad you posted a picture--it is important for posterity. (Love the flowers in your girls' hair.
Sorry about your feet--Keeping them up as much as you can will help.
Only a few more weeks--that is so great. Enjoy your little family.
Your poor feet! It looks almost painful.
Your poor, poor feet! You look great and I'm way impressed that you're growing 2 babies again!
I think you look so stinking cute pregnant! And you are pulling off looking adorable with TWINS! Hats off to you! I think you are amazing, and I'm super impressed with all that you are getting done. Hang in there!
I think you look great. You are already a week farther than I carried my twins. I hope all goes well and you make it to the end. Your feet look just like mine did. I think carrying twins doubles everything. Good luck.
Kierste! You look darling. I love your dress and your hair. Oh the joys of swollen ankles. I only have one pic from all three of my pregnancies to make sure I saved it to hold over my kids' heads forever! Take care.
You look darling. Your poor feet look painful. I can't believe you are almost done. I swear you just announced.
I think you look great! I also don't like being in pictures when pregnant, who does? Sounds like you're getting a lot done
I would have to agree and have seen for myself in person that you are a cute pregnant girl...even in your pajamas! I can't believe your feet...holy moly. Anyways, you were right, I didn't like what you had to say about the hair issue. I don't want to cut that much off since I'm trying to grow it out, but I'm sure I will. Thanks for the tip though :) I thought you were growing your hair out?
Poor girl. My ankles were like that, too, and I only had one that was coming. At least you get 2. I'm sorry it has to be so much fun. Just like with teething, life will be so much better once you get them here. Hang in there! You're almost there! Ya know, I was all excited to tell you, but now, at this point, you probably don't care. I'm 3 months pregnant, due in Dec. Sorry, not much help. Good Luck!
You look great and I'm jealous of your cute Sunday outfit. You look so bright and cheerful. I was stuck in the same either brown dress or black skirt every Sunday. Not cheerful. And all my updated nursery plans, yea, those are still on my list. My new goal is to get it done before the babies turn 2 months.
Goodluck with everything. We hopefully get to see more of what this 2 twin bussiness is all about tomorrow as ours might get to come home. Then maybe someday we get the chance to introduce your little boys to my little girls.
you look beautiful!
Oh hun. Those feet make me hurt for you. I'm so sorry. You are adorable though!
Post a Comment