Tuesday, June 30, 2009

{daddy's little helper}


Rick took the week off to work on the basement, and hopefully get the drywall finished by the weekend or the first of next week. Because I've had to be down a little more than usual, he has also inherited more duties involving the kids. Emma is completely content to sit upstairs and watch a movie, but not Miss Kate!

She wants to be where the action is, and be a "worker gull" (in her words). She helps hand him hammers, drills, screws, or whatever else he asks for, and she eats it up. She will be down there for hours!! She sits inside the playhouse under the stairs, watches, and waits for him to call her. She even wanted to eat her lunch down there, so I packed it up and sent it down.


It doesn't end with the basement either--she loves to help in the garden, with the lawn, digging trenches, pulling weeds, and myriad of other projects that Rick has going on. Hopefully it will last...at least until she's 5!!


11 comments:

Erica said...

too cute. can she come to our house and help?

Melissa said...

I am actually really glad to know about a good broom! I think I will be picking that one up! It is so nice having a daddy's girl :)

Bilary said...

I have that same broom and love it! It's so cute that daddy has a little helper/shadow. She is adorable!

Monica and Ryon Pulsipher said...

Good to know about a Kierste approved mop - I hate trying new things and hating them. We'll need to get one; the whole main floor is wood. YIKES!

How're the baby boys doin'?

likeschocolate said...

You make me laugh!

Yvonne said...

What a sweet little helper--that is so cute. And I love that she even had her lunch so she could be near her daddy.

Lyndi said...

Oh, how cute! I just love it when little girls help their daddy with his work! It's just adorable. And you are too funny about the broom!

Price is Right said...

You are not weird! I get excited about cleaning products also!:) Very cute little girl! I bet Rick loves it also! It is a great dad! (and brother):)

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

It's so fun to see each child's different personality shine through. Sounds like she will be a big helper with the new babies too.

Effie said...

Howdy, I stopped by the other day but you weren't home. I am moving over to Janelle's today. I will have to get your phone number from her and try to catch you next week before we leave. :)

Rob and Toni said...

Oh Kate! How we miss your family. Brooms are very important...especially when you use them so much!

Post a Comment