I love Independence Day. It is my favorite holiday next to Christmas, and I look forward to it all year. To me it is the epitome of summer...family, friends, BBQs, fireworks, and celebrating the freedoms that we have the great opportunity to enjoy. Plus, it's just fun!
This year we didn't get together with our friends until later in the day, so we had plenty of time to get some much-needed projects completed. (Can I say nesting?) I cleaned out all the storage tubs in my basement and ended up with a good pile of garbage sacks full of things to go to Salvation Army. I also had time to enter them all into the computer, so they are ready to go! That was a huge item on my list, and I'm so glad it's done.
We spent the latter part of the afternoon at a nearby park to BBQ with friends, then headed to the church for dessert and fireworks.
It was one of those perfect days.
This year we didn't get together with our friends until later in the day, so we had plenty of time to get some much-needed projects completed. (Can I say nesting?) I cleaned out all the storage tubs in my basement and ended up with a good pile of garbage sacks full of things to go to Salvation Army. I also had time to enter them all into the computer, so they are ready to go! That was a huge item on my list, and I'm so glad it's done.
We spent the latter part of the afternoon at a nearby park to BBQ with friends, then headed to the church for dessert and fireworks.
It was one of those perfect days.
8 comments:
Happy 4th of July! I am glad you guys had a fantastic day. I need to clean out some toy bins in my basement. We have just way too much stuff. It is almost sick. The sad thing is when I do end up giving the stuff away the boys will not even notice it is gone.
Fun!
Cute pictures! I love the Steelers blanket...we used ONE of ours last night as well :) Thanks for the blessing on the camera...we are crossing our fingers.
I miss 4th of July celebrations, Canada Day is just not the same.
The pictures are so cute.
I love the 4th as well. I am glad you were able to get some projects done and still have fun.
Can I just say "DITTO" to all of your reasons for loving the 4th!? I feel the same way. Your kids are adorable, and I'm glad you had a good day.
love your girls' dresses!
I also love the 4th, but this year was pretty low key. My favorite is when we can actually go out of town to cooler weather.
The pillows in the pack n' play that you asked about are actually gifts from my neighbor. She makes them and I LOVE them. I wish I had them for my first set of twins. They are perfect and so snuggly for the babies. It's my new I can't live without accessory. If you want, I can ask her about them and maybe get some shipped to you.
Post a Comment