Friday, July 10, 2009

{a little scare}

I woke up this morning about 2:45am out of a deep sleep to a pretty strong contraction. I'm used to getting them often, but this was a lot more painful than usual (especially since not much wakes me up, lol). I decided to start timing them, and soon realized that they were coming about every 8 minutes or so, and maintaining their strength. Being the obedient girl that I am, and following orders, I spoke with the doctor on call around 4am, and he told me to go straight to Labor & Delivery.

Bad news? Rick was out-of town. In Kentucky. I warned him that if I went into labor while he was gone and missed the births of our children (which he would for sure, since I'm having a c/s--no labor time)...well, let's just say it would not be a good thing. I called him on his cell phone, not even thinking he would answer it (since he sleeps about as deeply as I do), but amazingly enough, he did. When I told him I was headed to the hospital, he was still a little groggy, and didn't quite get it. Then all of sudden, I heard him perk up, and say "What?? The babies?? Now?? I told him that I would call him and let him know what happened, but that I really felt like everything was going to be okay. It could just be a scare. I have a feeling that as soon as I got off the phone he started searching for flights.

Good news? My parents had arrived to stay with us not even 8 hours before, therefore saving my dear friends from being called in the middle of the night. It was wonderful to have my mom come with me, and my dad be at home with the kids.

The best news? After 4 hours in the hospital, with contractions varying between 4-6 minutes apart, lots of tests, TONS of fluid, doctors, and nurses, it was discovered that I had an infection, which was causing the contractions. I went home with an antibiotic, an order to rest for the day, and still avoiding bed rest. So, babies are doing well, I'm doing well, and I can still see Harry Potter on Wednesday. :)

17 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad your mom and dad are here!!!! And even more glad that you are home and everything is still okay! It is getting so close.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

ROFL. Priorities, baby!

Courtney said...

Man, that must have been scary. I'm glad everything is okay and that your parents are there!

Erica said...

So so glad everything was fine. Although I will be WAY excited when those handsome little boys make their appearance - not for a few more weeks though ;)

Megs said...

I am thrilled you can still go to Harry Potter. Yikes that might have been scary.

I am glad all is well.

Stephanie Lowe said...

I'm so relieved that everything turned out ok! It works out perfectly that your mom and dad are here now :)! Here's to keeping those cute little buns in the oven for a few more weeks...and enjoy all that you can before they arrive!!!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Kierste,
First let me thank you for your kind words on my blog..... so so nice and appreciated and needed.... thank you. You are such a wonderful friend! I am so glad that your parents were there for you and that everything turned out ok. You can always call me at 4 a.m. :) (but it might take me a while process it as well :) and it'll take me a while to get there haha Love ya!

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad all is well--sorry about the infection. I'm also very glad your parents are there.

And, obviously, very happy you still get to see Harry Potter ; )

likeschocolate said...

I will pray that those little babies stay put for at least a couple more weeks. That way you will not have babies in the NICU-so not fun. Glad you are ok!

Jewels said...

I am glad to hear your little scare didn't turn into a big one!

Bilary said...

I'm so glad you had your parents there - whew! And I'm so glad your husband didn't miss seeing the birth of your sweet babies. You hang in there and take it easy.

bluestocking mama said...

lol. i'm hoping this baby holds out for a little harry too.

glad your scare was just a scare

MusicalMom said...

Yikes! I'm glad it was just a scare. They need to bake a little longer. :)

luckyduck said...

That does sound scary - glad to hear it's not more serious! How nice that your parents are there.

Melanie said...

At least the important things are in order... Go HP!!! Our tickets are for Thursday. =) =)

jk - I'm soooo glad that your twinnies are still doing well!

Rob and Toni said...

That's crazy!! Glad everything is okay! It's okay if your parents stay in "dad's friends room" haha. (I'm sure that has worn off by now.)

Swimmingmom said...

Phew! Glad your husband will be home for the real thing and that your parents are with you as well. Their timing certainly was pefect!!!

Post a Comment