Monday, July 20, 2009

{you know you're big when...}

-Very nice men at church that you rarely speak to otherwise, ask you when you are going to have "those babies". (and that was 2 weeks ago!)

-People don't look at you in the eye anymore--it's all about the belly.

-Someone who works at the hospital (in the cardiology department no less, nothing to do with maternity), after giving you directions to the ultrasound department, actually meets you at the door with a wheelchair.

-Even full-panel pants don't fit over your belly anymore. Thank goodness for Motherhood's extra stretchy comfort panel and pajama pants with lots of elastic.

-You actually get asked (more than once, mind you) if there is "more than one baby in there". Okay, so there is, but still! What if there wasn't?

-Getting dressed is like running a full marathon. Just trying to lift my leg high enough to get my pants on gets my heart pumping!

-You've passed the point of waddling. I'm not even sure what term might be used, and I don't really think I want to know.

Fun times I tell ya, fun times.

11 comments:

luckyduck said...

LOL! You're such a trooper!

bluestocking mama said...

just take a deep breath at the comments. (that's what i keep telling myself, anyway.) and we went out to dinner saturday and i don't think anyone even looked at my face. zeroed right in on the belly.

Melanie said...

I love the belly comments, too. What if it weren't twins? You should tell them you're not pregnant.

Or ask said stranger if SHE'S having one or two.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

The wheel chair one is the best.

I remember the last month I was pregnant with Campbell (and freakishly large) that every time I walked into a store people would gasp. Like I was going to have that baby right there. In the middle of the girls department at GapKids. Please!

Carn Family said...

All I can say is hang in there! I personally think you look adorable and I am amazed each time I see you at how cute you look.

Bilary said...

You are cracking me up. You must be so uncomfortable, but you have the most adorable sense of humor about the whole thing. Hang in there!

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

It will be so worth it to add two more to your awesome family! I wish I could take away your discomfort NOW. Two at a time must be a lot of work.

Erica said...

You are almost done!!! I admire your girl cause I'm not sure if I could do it - at least not as beautifully as you are doing it :)

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

haha you're so cute Kierste! I am trying to come up with a good term that comes after waddling hmmmmm maybe wobbling? lol Seriously tho, you are awesome...admirable. Keep doing those workouts (getting dressed :) and look forward to the day when people say 'YOU HAD HOW MANY KIDS? HOW MANY TWINS? AND YOU LOOK THIS GOOD?!!!!' :)

Yvonne said...

I think you are so amazing. LOL at the wheelchair comment.

Hang in there.

Megs said...

Where is the belly pic for all of us that can't oggle at your.

Post a Comment