Happy Valentine's Day! The smells of Zuppa Toscana soup are wafting through the house, and the kids are busily making homemade valentines at the kitchen table. I have the perfect view of beautiful red tulips (my FAVORITE) sitting on the kitchen island. It's just a really good day.
I woke up to the music room decorated with balloons and a valentine chain card--it's a tradition that Rick has continued since we've been married, and I love it.
Here's some other bits about our house this week:
- 5 kids, 2 adults, 2 carts, and a double stroller make for a very long caravan, and quite the scene. Our Sam's Club trip yesterday was an adventure (albeit a fun one), especially because this was our annual "stock-up on everything" trip.
- Yay for Survivor! This was THE best opening season show yet. We watched the premiere with our good friends who love it too, which makes it so much fun, especially when we are competing to see whose picks make it the farthest!
- I did a cartwheel in the middle of our family room this week. Kate has been begging me for weeks to teach her how to do one, and I have done my best to teach her how. I think it's time to sign her up for gymnastics. Anyway, she wanted me to show her how to do one, so I obliged. I think I stretched something, lol. It's been over a year since I've attempted anything like that.
- Jack and Henry do not like baby food. I even bought bananas, which as some of you know, is a big sacrifice on my part. I know they need more than just bottles now, but they will have nothing to do with rice cereal. I have tried mashing up our table food, and they don't like that either. More time? Different food? I just don't know.
- Henry is going to be squeezing into his shorts this summer. I bought most of their summer clothes last year, on clearance. The only problem? Henry is now moving into the size I bought. If it wasn't for my compulsion for them to match, everything would be fine. :)

7 comments:
I LOVE the picture--it is priceless.
You guys are brave to venture out with everyone.
Who's your pick to win Survivor--I say anyone BUT Russell or Boston Rob.
A cartwheel--wow--good for you. I've never been able to do one and there is no way I'd try one today.
If Jeff loved Zuppa T, I would make it more often, but I had to settle for eating it at OG this week - we haven't been there in years, but it was calling to me. And my heart is stretching for you, with unmatching clothes... why is it so important, but it just IS. For me, PJ's, too. I didn't do any clearance shopping last year, so I have a big shopping bill ahead of me this spring... the Park City outlets are having their giant sale, and I'm stuck here today. AAARG!!! - and that would be the first time I've ever printed THAT out. =)
We are survivor junkies. I love Boston Rob, Tom, Colby, and Stephanie. I had to laugh that Jerri likes coach. What is that about?
kierste, this is nicole gale. i love your blog and thought i'd finally tell you! and while i'm at it, where did you get that comforter, it's so cute -- and so are your kids :)
i hope all is well!
Nicole--I'm so glad you said hi! You have definitely been missed.
I got the quilt at Pottery Barn a few years ago, on clearance. I love it too, and was so excited to see that it was on sale. :)
Melanie--
LOL. I'm so glad you understand the matching thing. :) They have always worn matching pajamas, up until the last couple of weeks. They have really wanted to pick out their own, and even though it was HARD to do, I let them. Since they don't mind at all wearing matching clothes, I figured I could give on the jammies. Have fun shopping! I love the outlets too. I wish I was there to go with you!
Tatum won't eat baby food either! Let me know if you find a magic food!!
That is a great picture! I can only imagine having TWO babies. And I'd want them to match too, I love how your girls always look so cute!
Post a Comment