

Well, despite my very best efforts (really it bordered on obsessive), Henry got his helmet yesterday. After our experience with Kate, and knowing how much more common it was with twins and preemies (of which he is both), I went overboard trying to prevent it.
They slept on memory foam (they sleep a lot), were propped up on their sides, never laid on anything hard (and always more than one layer underneath), etc. Even more frustrating (in a good way), Jack is totally fine. Apparently some babies are just a lot more susceptible, and Henry was the unlucky one this time around.
I was feeling frustrated this week, but then I realized how incredibly lucky we are. I have had two sets of twins, both being premature--but no NICU time. They came home with me after three days, and have been healthy and happy babies. We beat the odds, and if wearing a helmet is the worst that ever happens, then we are really blessed.
And after seeing him and his cute cheeks in his helmet, I can't help thinking he is the most adorable baby ever.
18 comments:
Even with all the blessings that have come your way, no mom likes to see her little ones have any medical procedures/intervention/etc... so don't feel bad.
Maybe the helmet is just getting you ready for his future in sports? Superbowl here he comes!
How cute. Helmet therapy is never fun, but the results are amazing. I remember Carter wearing his for 3 months. It's amazing how different his helmet looks from Carters. Although it's never fun for them, you'll be so happy with the look after. Keep plugging, you are blessed.
He is adorable Helmet or not Helmet. At least we have this available to our children.
he is so cute!!
love those cheeks. what a cute little guy!
Aw, well he looks cute in it!
I noticed his cheeks first off. =) What a doll. It will make him better in the long run, right? I love living now, when we can fix things. He's so cute.
We had to do one with Chloe too. I hated the idea at first, but now I am so glad we did it! It won't be long and when you look back it will be a distant memory!
All I see is a football player in the making! And yes I agree that you are very blessed to have had your kids home three days after they were born! That is incredible!
His smile is infectious!!! I can't help but smile when I see him :)
Your layout is stunning, your writing is perfect, your information is great and quite frankly I like visiting. I have awarded you the Cool Blog award. Please stop by and check it out.
Heather
he is mighty cute - helmet and all :)
He is just so adorable--love it.
He is so adorable! It's never fun to have to do something like that with your baby. My oldest had hip dysplasia and had to be in a little cloth brace thing that kept her knees up and facing out for a while. That was so hard. But it's not worth messing around with your child's future well-being.
Thank goodness that somehow time flies and before long, the trial seems like a distant memory.
Hang in there and just kiss away on those adorable cheeks.:)
I would have to agree he is pretty scrumptious in it. I would like to pinch those cheeks.
He really is so stinkin' cute! Those cheeks are yummy!
Oh my, he is adorable! I agree with the previous posters, it will just be a memory soon. I found Sam's leg braces when we packed up last month. I could not believe how quickly that went by and now you would never know anything was ever wrong. Soon you will just be kissing his perfectly round head - if you can ever get away from those cheeks.
Poor little guy. It seems like these adjustments are harder on moms than the little ones.
Post a Comment