

After finding out we were having twins again, last year we began the adventure of finishing our basement on our own, so we could use our then playroom upstairs as the nursery. Well, it certainly has been a journey, and a huge learning experience. We still have plenty to do (finish trim, put in the ceiling, complete the bathroom, add baseboards), but we love it, and the kids love it. In a few weeks we should have furniture, a heater (it's freezing down there!), and even more completed. It has been taking up a lot of my time, but I have totally enjoyed it.
I just have to say, Rick did a great job in the basement...he has always been a talented woodworker, but knew nothing about drywall, electricity, plumbing, etc. Because I was pregnant, I couldn't help at all (other than give direction :) ), but with some help from friends and my dad, he has been able to pull it off.
I'm just relieved to have it almost complete. A playroom really is a mom's best friend. Especially when it's in the basement. :)
8 comments:
You guys are so amazing. I don't know where you find the time to do all these wonderful projects. You did a fantastic job.
It looks amazing... where DO you find all that time?
Completely agree with the first 2 comments. You guys are amazing. The playroom is really shaping up. I like the art hanging idea and the book shelf.
It looks great. Like Melanie, I would love to know where you find the time. I have no children at home, and yet can't find time to do certain things. You amaze me.
Can't wait to come play!
beautiful! Way to go!
I LOVE IT!!!! When we finally move and have a playroom again I am totally making some of those things. I LOVE all the art stuff. My kids are totally into that and would be in heaven!
Great job Kierste!
Amen to playrooms are a mom's best friend!! And yours is darling- NO surprise there!!
Post a Comment