I'm really not complaining. Okay, maybe a tiny bit. I'm not married to a doctor that's on call all the time, nor do I have a husband that travels more than 6 weeks a year. He works a lot of hours, but he's able to be home quite a bit too. However, come the first week of January, I might as well not have a husband until March.
He's a CPA, and an auditor for a large Fortune 50 company. These crazy 8 weeks are what we lovingly (ha, ha) refer to as busy season. Sometimes I think it would be easier if he was out-of-town for the duration--it somehow seems harder, knowing he is 10 minutes down the road, but we can't see him.
He works really hard, and granted, I would rather be in my cozy house than in his office, but some days I feel like I may not make it through alive.
So, here are some of the signs and symptoms I display during busy season:
He's a CPA, and an auditor for a large Fortune 50 company. These crazy 8 weeks are what we lovingly (ha, ha) refer to as busy season. Sometimes I think it would be easier if he was out-of-town for the duration--it somehow seems harder, knowing he is 10 minutes down the road, but we can't see him.
He works really hard, and granted, I would rather be in my cozy house than in his office, but some days I feel like I may not make it through alive.
So, here are some of the signs and symptoms I display during busy season:
- Dinner becomes something I can make in under 10 minutes...every single night. My kids love it though, because I'm serving all their favorites--macaroni and cheese, Ramen, grilled cheese, etc. Ryan did ask Rick the other day though, when he would start being home for dinner. Ryan was worried we would never have an actual dinner again.
- Bedtime gets even earlier--it is a serious countdown once we hit 4:30pm.
- I actually considered going to McDonald's for more than one meal this week, which is something I have never done before. For someone who hadn't really been there since high school, until just the last couple years, that's saying a lot.
- Clothes? Who needs clothes? Pajamas work just fine.
- I start talking to myself. I've had some great conversations too.
13 comments:
I remember for Jeff and I that as soon as Christmas was over we started getting depressed knowing busy season was upon us. I sometimes miss the work, clients, coworkers but I never miss busy season! Those were hard years when we had small kids and Jeff had those long months - I'll be thinking of you!
I hope whatever career path Rob chooses doesn't keep him away that long. I would go CRAZY! You are an amazing person and will make it! If there is anything we can do a million miles away...let us know!
Oh, I have gone to fast food twice in one week when Frank is gone and I don't have 5 under 11. Sorry your man is gone so much. At least be grateful he is not a professor. We never see our man and the work never ends.
hum, sounds like me everyday. I might have a problem if this is not suppose to be regular behavior. ;)
I actually look forward to young mens nights. It means easy dinners, and the kids to bed early. LOVE IT!
I would hate it every night though. I can relax just a bit when Jeron walks in the door. Hang in there. April will be here before you know it.
I hear ya sister!! Graydon works long hours and is not home until 6:30 or 7pm each night so we never have dinner as a family :( You are amazing so of course you will survive busy season but it is definitely no fun!!
P.S. I think pj's are totally acceptable!
My dad's a CPA and unfortanetly, it's just part of the deal. We even scheduled Trey's sealing for after April 15th... only you would appreciate that. :)
I see the pj thing as a good excuse to buy yourself a cute new pair!
I LOL'ed because I never thought I would hear you say that pj's work just fine. Funny how the dinners are drastically different when Daddy with the mature taste isn't around to enjoy some hard work. This week Monday & Saturday are our hotdog/pancakes nights. =) Good luck, though. You really learn to work as a machine together, and it's not the same without them. It reminds you how awesome they are!
Hopefully it will be a quick 8 weeks for you! Enjoy your pajamas and fun, quick meals!
I have moments like that too when Chan is away on his business trips- which always FEELS like forever!!! But hang in there!!
hang it there! i can't wait for it to end too - i can't imagine!!!
At least there are some good things-like easy dinners. Way to count your blessings :) Hang in there! That happens here every time we get to finals week!
My DH is going to be a CPA when he finishes school. I'm not looking forward to busy season.
Your kids are adorable! (stopping by from Multiples)
I think I might consider stay-at-home motherhood if my husband had a job that involved him coming home every night. However, with him being overseas for a year at a time, I work full-time just to maintain my sanity. I get it, and have just one set of twins!
Post a Comment