Sunday, January 24, 2010

{better late than never}


I really thought I was going to make it. I set my alarm, laid out the clothes, and had a game plan. Everything was going smoothly, until the babies decided they didn't like the plan.

That was the end of that.

I'm slowly figuring out just how early I need to get up on Sunday mornings, in order to get myself and five kids ready for church by 8:30am. Without Rick.

Hopefully by March we'll be on time.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Sure I only had 4, but that year was BRUTAL. I remember being ecstatic that we were on time one week and then looking down and realizing that Campbell wasn't wearing shoes. Oops.

Kathryn said...

Good luck!

If it were just up to me, we wouldn't be on time.

Melanie said...

Without Jeff I'd be lost, so I feel your pain. We get there 12-14 (not 15) min. early every week so we can somehow get a front seat but NO. We're not in choir, so we lose. We also have a really large ward, so if you're only 8 min. early, you're in the cultural hall, period. And funny how the littlest ones in the family decide how the "schedule" is going to go! They have so much power for such little people.

likeschocolate said...

Great Photo! I imagine pretty early. WOW! 8:30am that totally sucks. Ugh!

Lee said...

Your kids are the cutest!! I can't imagine getting 5 ready, you are busy!!!

Everything is the song that made me download him plus a few more. :)

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

You have a lot on your plate Sunday Morning!

Erica said...

i thought you did quite well! showing up at all is good in my book :)

Jana said...

Early church is so hard with little ones! We are at 9am and I have made it on time once so far and only made it at all twice. Sick kiddos make for not a lot of church attendance in the winter. :(

AngelaW said...

When my grandma couldn't go to church, they used to tape record the meetings for her. I totally think you qualify! :) How embarrassing is it that we have been late to 1:00 yes 1:00 p.m. church two weeks in a row now? The only open seats are in front, so we do the walk of shame all the way to the front while Jack and Sam say hi to each row of people we pass.

Swimmingmom said...

Great photo! Um, so I can't even make it to church on time with only 2 kids on my own.

Price is Right said...

What a cute picture!
You are supper mom! I have a hard time getting myself and one child ready on Sunday morning and get there on time! :)

ForeverCurly said...

And of course you had to take a picture of the 5 in those few minutes you had. Love it, Kierste.
-Audrey

Yvonne said...

You did that without your husband--I'M IMPRESSED.

The kids are so cute. And, by 8:30--I have enough trouble getting just be there by 10:00.

Post a Comment