Saturday, January 2, 2010

{tobogganing}


Living in a cold place has a few perks, thankfully. Just a mile or two from our house is the city forest, and it's one of our favorite places. During the winter you can enjoy a toboggan run, sledding hill, and cross country trails.

Yesterday some good friends came over to watch our babies, while Rick and I took the oldest three to go tobogganing. It was SO fun.

The toboggan we were using (thanks guys!)was super long, and easily fit all five of us with room to spare. It also was REALLY fast, which we loved, because our goal was to make it to the very end of the track before stopping. We made it, too! Miss Kate is our resident daredevil, and loves to sit in the very front as the driver. In fact, when Rick took them last week, she sat in the driver position all by herself, since Rick couldn't hold her and Emma at the same time. People were even taking pictures, and commenting on our crazy girl. I wonder where she gets it from. :)





What a perfect day!

12 comments:

Rob and Toni said...

Wow who is that hot momma that we NEVER see in pictures? Looks like fun!

likeschocolate said...

How fun! It looks like you guys really did have a fun and fantastic day, but after being in SLC last week I sure do not miss the cold.

Jana said...

That looks like fun!!

Yvonne said...

What a great family outing. Love that Miss Kate is such a little daredevil.

Great pictures.

Carn Family said...

Love the picture of you are Rick....how cute! I am glad you had fun, one of these winters maybe I won't be pregnant so I can go.

Jana said...

It's me again. To answer your question, we did not have to get rid of the frogs but one of them died on new year's eve so we just flushed the other one along with his friend. That may sound horrible but I needed them out of my house. One round of Salmonella was enough for me!!

Andi said...

You make snow look like FUN! :)

Stephanie Lowe said...

we love the toboggan run here...one of our very favorite winter things to do. if only it weren't so cold :)! i'm glad you guys had so much fun--I can just imagine kate's face as she went down!!!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

So fun! Love the pics! Kierste you look SO good!

Price is Right said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

TAMPA said...

Very cute !! :)

Swimmingmom said...

That is awesome!!!! So much fun. You are beautiful! No surprises there!

Post a Comment