We decided that each year from here on out, we would have a yearly family theme, along with a coordinating scripture and song. I really love this idea, and already we have had fun with it.
It took the good part of Sunday afternoon to come up with our 2010 family theme. We had some great suggestions, (princesses were a common idea) but we finally came up with something that we want to work on as a family, and one that even the littlest ones can grasp on to.
I love that it gives our family a specific direction, and will hopefully provide many teaching moments. It will also be our teaching guide for each Family Home Evening, which helps me plan for the year!
So, without further ado...
It took the good part of Sunday afternoon to come up with our 2010 family theme. We had some great suggestions, (princesses were a common idea) but we finally came up with something that we want to work on as a family, and one that even the littlest ones can grasp on to.
I love that it gives our family a specific direction, and will hopefully provide many teaching moments. It will also be our teaching guide for each Family Home Evening, which helps me plan for the year!
So, without further ado...
~CHOOSE THE RIGHT WAY~
Sweetpea Family 2010 Theme
"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them."
-John 13:17
"Choose the right way, and be happy. I must always choose the right!"
-Primary Songbook
Sweetpea Family 2010 Theme
"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them."
-John 13:17
"Choose the right way, and be happy. I must always choose the right!"
-Primary Songbook
5 comments:
We do a theme a month. Each month we learn a new scripture and have a focus in FHE with that theme. It is amazing to see your kids grasp the concepts and memorize the scripture before you do. I love what you are doing.
Great theme. (I had to chuckle at the idea of a Princess theme ; )
The scripture is PERFECT.
What a great idea, and a great theme as well! You did a great job picking your theme. You'll have to let us know what you do to incorporate all of that. It sounds like fun!:)
You are such a do-er!! I'm amazed at all you do with your little ones. I wish to only be half as good as you!
LOVE this! We have been doing a family theme with scripture for 5 years now and it has been wonderful. I love adding a song too. Might have to do that. :)
Post a Comment