Thursday, June 9, 2011

{another houdini}

We've had one great escape artist in our family.  Her name is Emma Caroline.  
(you can read about here HERE)

I thought for awhile that our family quota had been filled, but apparently that assumption should never have been made. 

Remember the crib tent at 15 months?  Well, Henry decided that just wasn't going to work for him.  He used his size to back into the corner of his crib, then power forward like a battering ram, right into the tent.  Sure enough, after a few attempts, the zipper was broken right out of the seam. (I'm thinking they didn't do the football lineman test during their product testing.)  We used pins, duct tape, and anything else to keep him in his crib, but none of the worked.  He could get out of anything.  


We were not to be beaten, so the locks were switched on the door so if he got out of his crib, at least he couldn't get out of his room.  We are such heavy sleepers, that he could roam to his heart's delight, and we would never know it.

I'm not sure what happened after that, but he decided to switch tactics.  No longer does he get out of his crib.  He just takes off his diaper.  With no regard for what's in it.

We countered with duct tape...




Little turkey.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Is that you or him saying, "Game on" ?!! From the adorable look on his face, I'd say him! Maybe he's destined for a career in some kind of covert operations that require this unique tactic.

likeschocolate said...

I destroyed 7 play pens.

Mindy said...

Smart boy! At least he does "fingerpaint" with the contents?!?

Mindy said...

•doesn't•

yvonne said...

He is just so cute I'm tempted to say, "Oh well ; "

But instead I'll say, "Good luck."

Kathryn said...

when I was pregnant with Lucy and Elsa, my parents' Christmas gift to me was a 6 pack of duck tape (my older sister has twin boys)

Carn Family said...

What a little stinker...but a cute one at that!

Rob and Toni said...

I'd say game on! Ha. Good luck with that!

Erica said...

too funny - that little face says it all!

Post a Comment