Friday, June 3, 2011

{great wolf lodge}

When we went up to the marathon, we stayed at an hotel with an indoor water park.  It was our first time there, and going back is definitely on the must-do list!

After unpacking and getting everything set up, we headed to the water area.  The kids were so excited to swim and see all of their friends, they could hardly contain themselves. 
Everyone had fun, except maybe poor Henry.  He ended up being so scared, which totally surprised me.  He {loves} the water, but I think it was all the extra people and noise that threw him off. He hung out with Gramme in the table area, and snuggled her for most of the time.  

Kate was the adventurer, like I knew she would be.  She rode every big water slide as many times as she could, and her energy was unbeatable.  Emma almost went on the slides, but in the end, she was still too nervous to try it.  I know she would have liked it though--she loves tobogganing, which is basically the same thing except a lot faster and icier! She had a great time in the smaller pool area, and didn't want to  Jack just wanted to be carried around, and then he was okay.  Ryan was off having fun with his friends most of the time, and I love that there was something for everyone.

With my parents there, Rick and I were able to go on all the water slides together...and with Kate, lol.  We don't usually get to do that, so it was a fun treat.

We finished up about 5pm, so we could get dinner and kids into bed, but we knew we could go back the next day to swim some more--which made everyone happy.

After the marathon I needed to get home, but the girls really wanted to stay. Fortunately we had driven separately, so Poppy stayed with the girls while the rest of us drove home.  They had SUCH a great time, and ended up staying almost until closing! I'm so glad they got that time with him--just them--I know they won't forget it.

All in all, I was really impressed with the facilities, and  how fun it was for all of us.  It made this past weekend perfect!













I think we might try this again in the winter...when we can't go outside to swim!

6 comments:

likeschocolate said...

We have one in Tenn. I have wanted to take the boys, but as you said I think I would want to wait till winter when we can't go swimming outside. It looks like everyone had a great time.

Yvonne said...

That looks like such a fun place to stay. Isn't it funny how each of them are so different. Glad it was a wonderful outing for everyone.

Andee said...

That looks like fun!!! A kid heaven for sure!! (or kids at heart!! Hee hee)

bluestocking mama said...

how fun! my kids would eat that up

Melissa said...

This will be a new winter tradition at our home!!

myndie said...

sounds like a great weekend! this was the marathon you ran in, right? impressive!

Post a Comment