Wednesday, June 1, 2011

{memorial day}

It was my parents' last day with us, and the holiday, so we decided to head down to Greenfield Village for the day.  It's one of our favorite places, and since my parents hadn't been there before, it was the perfect thing! It was such an enjoyable day, albeit hot, hot, hot! I told myself I am not allowed to complain about the heat after our long and cold winter, and so far so good. :) 


Over the Memorial Day weekend at the Village, more than 450 military reenactors create an authentic Civil War encampment in remembrance of those that came before us and fought for our freedom. It was very well done, we all really enjoyed walking through the tents and experiencing what life was like then.


 


Of course we had to ride the train, the carousel, then have ice cream & slush puppies! Yum!

At the end of the day, the kids were tired but happy.  We did have to say goodbye to Gramme and Poppy, which is always hard to do.  We loved having them there, and we will miss them greatly!

5 comments:

Carn Family said...

Looks like it is such a great place. I am so glad your family was able to come and spend some special time. Saying goodbye is always the worst!

Yvonne said...

Those kinds of places are always so great to visit.

It's always fun when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit.

likeschocolate said...

Darling with a capital D. Hope Memorial day is just the beggininig to many fun summer adventures.

Andee said...

That activity sounds WAY cool! I would love that! And your kids are just CUTE!!

ForeverCurly said...

Kierste!!! Your babies don't look like babies anymore!!! GAHHH!! I'm flipping out...

Post a Comment