Saying good-bye was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I know that it wasn't just a coincidence that our friends came into our lives--it was simply meant to be. I always knew how lucky I was to have these girls and families in my life, but the cliche is true...you don't fully appreciate what you have until it's gone. I also fully recognize how unusual it is for 5 girls, their husbands, and their families to all be friends, enjoy each others' company, and want to spend so much time together. My life has now been changed because of them, and I'm the better for it. We also have many other wonderful and close friends that we left behind, and my heart aches at how much we are going to miss all of them, and this town that we've lived in and loved for 10 years.
I'm actually finishing this post almost 9 months after we've moved, mostly because I couldn't actually bring myself to think about it or write it down, but I think I'm finally ready. The month before we left was full of activities--I still can't believe how much we fit in, but we did as much as we possibly could with as many people as we could It was wonderful, and these memories are forever implanted in my mind. I so appreciate everyone for making the last few weeks so amazing.
open house
swimming
girls' sleepover!
bowling
loons game
slip and slide
dinner at smiths' house
pizza sam's!
park!!!
guys' night
cottage creamery
guys' fishing trip
{Loons Game...last night!!!}
{Boys' Fishing Trip}
{Sleepover}
All I can say, is that our water balloon bombings of each of our husbands was the highlight of the entire month. We got chased, pelted, surprised, and laughed so hard we wet our pants. Literally.
{Bowling}
{Swimming}
{Open House}
I can't tell you how many open houses I went to over the years we lived in Midland. It was SO strange to be the one on the other side, and have people come to say good-bye to US! Erica hosted it at her home, and the girls helped--it was perfect!!! So many friends that are like family...oh we are going to miss them!
Good-bye Midland...we will miss you, but never forget you. ♥































0 comments:
Post a Comment