The week before Thanksgiving I had my gender ultrasound. Rick was out of town, so I went by myself, which was disappointing, because that's such a fun thing to do together. However...my fabulous girlfriends and I were able to have a conference call during the u/s, and we all found out together that I'm having a GIRL!!!! It was so wonderful to have them be a part of it, and made it extra special.
Needless to say, I'm thrilled. :) I really was just hoping everything was okay, and the baby was healthy, which sounds cliche I know, but it's true. But...if I'm honest, I have to admit it's what I was hoping for. It would be so fun to have three little boys together, and I LOVE having boys, but I really wanted to experience another little girl.
Plus, it makes it all nice and even, which makes me happy. :)
I announced it to my kids that afternoon, with pink-filled cupcakes, and the news was received with mixed reviews.
My boys were disappointed. I was even asked if she could be traded for a boy, but that was said in the heat of the moment, lol. The girls were thrilled, of course, because now the girls will be tied up with the boys. That's important when you're six, you know. No matter what, I think this little girl will have everyone wrapped right around her little finger the moment she's born!
As for me, I can't wait for bows, flowers, bracelets, painted toes, dresses, and lots of pink. It's funny, because when we were first married, I really wanted 5 boys--a basketball team. I was such (and still am) such a tomboy--didn't really play with dolls, loved sports, and never really got too girly. When I had the u/s when I found out that were having our girls, I asked them to check again. Three times. :) Now I can't imagine it any other way, and once I had girls, I went CRAZY, lol. If I had those 5 boys, I know I would love it just as much, but I'm glad that it all turned out how it did.
Now it's on to names...
6 comments:
Congratulations again! It was so fun hanging with you last week.
How fun. I just love how excited you are about being a mom. YOU ARE GREAT.
I am so thrilled for you. Now you are all nice and even! I wish I was there to see your cute little tummy and go shopping for lots of pink with you. Glad she is healthy and coming to such an amazing family.
I'm so excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to meet the new little girlie :)
I'm so excited for you! And sometimes when I read your posts, I'm just in awe of our similarities - except for the fact that you seem to be way more on top of life than me:) But...soccer, and getting married at 19 when that wasn't in the plan of 'after college', two sets of twins...
I'm so excited for you new adventures!
I'm so excited for you, too... and ONE. That will be weird! Easy Peasy, right? =)
Post a Comment