Friday, November 30, 2012

{this pregnant girl's reality}

Let's face it, there are some girls that just look really cute when they're pregnant.  You know the type--everything else stays skinny, while they have this perfect little baby bump in the front.  They also have no swelling, no thickening of the ankles, their face stays the same size as it was before, and the day they have their baby they look like they're not even close to their due date. 

Now, I'm not saying this is a bad thing, nor do I hate them for it (although sometimes it's tempting).  I actually am very happy that some get to experience that.  I, however, am not so lucky.

Despite eating pretty healthy, sticking to a certain number of calories per day, running and exercising, I already look like I could have a baby next week.  It's true, folks.  No fishing for compliments here.  I started swelling when I hit 20 weeks, and my legs and ankles are already on their way to elephant status. (It probably has something to do with the fact that it is still 80 DEGREES here...in December?  It's just not right.) I definitely get a round baby bump, but I also thicken from top to bottom.  I've only gained about 14 pounds, but it feels like twice that.

I've gotten a lot of comments in the past from well meaning strangers (and sometimes NOT strangers) when it comes to how big I get--at least with my girls, and then the boys.  My favorite is "Are you having twins?".  I'm sure they didn't expect me to actually say yes, but I always could...until now.  Maybe I should just say yes anyway?  Ha.

So, don't be expecting any cute baby bump pictures from me anytime soon...the most you will get is this:


Only 15 more weeks to go...

6 comments:

likeschocolate said...

You look amazing. Even Frank told me you looked fantastic!

Erica said...

oh shush up - i've seen you pregnant and you are just about as cute as them come!

love the pic of you and henry boy but i think you'll secretly have to text me a pic of your cute little baby bump so only my eyes can see :)

Lyndi said...

oh please, you are the cutest thing pregnant! i do, however, know what you mean about getting big from top to bottom. but you're lucky, and you lose it way fast. plus, you get an adorable, little girl. i'm SO excited for you guys. and i can't wait to see what she'll look like! will she be another redhead? or will emma finally get a brunette sister? so exciting...

Megs said...

I have not been on a blog in months and I find out you only have 15 weeks left of a pregnancy that I never knew about. Congrats. I am so excited for you. That is awesome news. And a girl. Perfect!

Shanny said...

Anyone who says they don't swell up and feel fat when pregnant is lying. And it's definitely true that you notice it more in yourself than in others. I'm certain you look great! And really, if the barfing has stopped? Who cares about anything else! :)

Tiffany said...

Kierste, You were cute pregnant with the twins and I'm sure you are just as cute now! I know how you feel though with the comments, I get them from about 15 weeks on. I actually had someone ask me in October, (I was due in February,) if my mom was in town because I was going to have the baby that week! This was for Sophie's pregnancy last year and I was so MAD! I am really excited for you and I hope your pregnancy continues to go well and just enjoy it!! You are beautiful...and only 14lbs so far?! I think I gain 14 lbs. by the end of the second month!

Post a Comment