I have started bracing myself for the inevitable. When Rick goes out-of-town, something is inevitably going to happen, and usually it's not just one thing. This time was no exception. And...the farther away he goes, the worse it usually is. Go figure.
He left on Saturday morning for a business trip to China.
Our washer has broken down (leaked water all over the basement), and the appliance repair service didn't show up when they were supposed to. Then they told me it was MY fault. After a (rather stern) phone call and a supervisor later, they are coming today. After five days, I have loads of dirty laundry piled up and ready to go. I have to do laundry every single day to stay on top of it, so five days is an eternity with no washer. My girls might have to wear their pajamas to school if it's not fixed by tomorrow!
A broken window was taken out of our house, and replaced with plastic sheeting. In 30 degree night weather. They told me it would take four days or more to replace---they're bringing it back today. Broken.
Henry got sick. I ran out of diapers and had to use swim diapers because I couldn't get to the store with a sick child.
I threw my back out, and couldn't even pick up Caroline without wanting to scream. I've never done that before, so of course it would happen now.
The truck is acting up--I think it' the battery. It has refused to start right away the last two mornings, but I hate to take it in, because it will leave me with no way to get anywhere. Hopefully it will be okay until Rick gets home.
Caroline started showing signs of getting sick. After a bout of mild panic, I called the doctor as instructed and she's on about a million different medicines. So far, so good.
I threw my back out, and couldn't even pick up Caroline without wanting to scream. I've never done that before, so of course it would happen now.
The truck is acting up--I think it' the battery. It has refused to start right away the last two mornings, but I hate to take it in, because it will leave me with no way to get anywhere. Hopefully it will be okay until Rick gets home.
Caroline started showing signs of getting sick. After a bout of mild panic, I called the doctor as instructed and she's on about a million different medicines. So far, so good.
I know. I will be fine. We will be fine. None of these things are the end of the world.
But DARN that Murphy and his Law! They would sure be a lot easier if Rick was here to help!