Wednesday, December 31, 2014

{a new favorite place}

The week after Christmas, and after everyone was feeling better, we finally were able to get out of the house and do something together as a family. We were really disappointed that there was no snow, because we had been looking forward to sledding, tubing, cross-country skiing, and even downhill skiing over the break. We have been keeping a running list of all the other fun things there are to do here in the winer, so we headed to  the Children's Museum in Rochester--we had heard really wonderful things about it, and thought it would be perfect for a wintry day.

It didn't disappoint.  In fact, it's our new favorite!  The only downside was that could only go in the afternoon--in the middle of Caroline's nap time--and I ended up pacing one of the only quiet spots I could find about a million times until she fell asleep. 

It is ENORMOUS. We only visited one part of one floor, and the kids were eating it up.  One of their most favorite areas was the miniature replica of Wegman's grocery store.  Now, I've been to other grocery stores inside of children's museums, but hands down, this one was the best.  Every tiny detail was attended to, and it was so like the actual grocery store it was amazing.  They even had a gluten-free section.  :)  The best part?  Miniature cashier lines, with a moving belt, food that was actually scanned, a working cash register, and a printed receipt!  SO adorable.  Oh my goodness, they were so enthralled with the whole process, and I have to say, I was too.  













In the end, we walked away with a year's membership, and can't wait to go back!!!