Don't you ever wish you could be a fly on the wall inside your child's room? Well, today that definitely would have come in handy. My girls went down for their nap around 12:30pm, but they were a little wound up. I checked on them several times(to make sure their clothes were still on) before my piano students came, just to make sure they were doing okay. Well, I heard a bunch of giggling and laughing, so I decided to check once again. The door was open a crack, so I peeked inside where I could see Kate's crib. I couldn't see her, so I opened the door a tiny bit more. I still couldn't see her, and realized that she wasn't in the crib. I kind of panicked, thinking she must have figured out how to climb out, but wondered why she hadn't come downstairs. All of these thought happened in literally 1 second. I pushed the door all the way open, and didn't see Kate anywhere. Finally, I looked the last place I would ever have thought of...Emma's crib. There she was, in all her glory, having the time of her life. I honestly have no idea how she accomplished it. I have a Houdini, and an Evil Knievel!!
A few minutes later I was changing Emma's diaper, and saw something on the floor. I couldn't tell what it was, so as soon as I was finished I went over and picked it up. It was a HUGE chunk of Kate's hair. Emma must have "helped" her over the side, once she got up high enough. Seriously. I think I'm in for a very interesting ride!
A few minutes later I was changing Emma's diaper, and saw something on the floor. I couldn't tell what it was, so as soon as I was finished I went over and picked it up. It was a HUGE chunk of Kate's hair. Emma must have "helped" her over the side, once she got up high enough. Seriously. I think I'm in for a very interesting ride!
4 comments:
ouch!!! what mischievious little things
Yes, I think you are in for a ride. If they ever disappear, try the washer machine. I hid there once as a almost 2 year old. It took hours for my family to find me, and when they did I was just as happy as could be. 2 years ago, I lost Winston. We had been playing in the front yard and I went into the house for just seconds. When I came out... he was gone. I looked everywhere. I called the 911 because I thought someone must have taken him. 45 minutes later he comes out of the neighbors house and says, "here I am." It tours out that the neighbor had left his back door unlocked and Winston was in there playing with his childrens toys. I was so scared.
Oh boy! You need to set up one of those nanny cams in the girls room. I bet it would be way more entertaining to watch than any reality show!
I hate motherly moments like that that stop your heart and make you wonder what you kid has been doing. And ouch about the hair. At least they were having fun.
Post a Comment