We are down to one month until we close on our new house and move in! The hardwood floors went in this week, and I'm choosing the stain over the weekend. The cabinets go in next week, and the template for the granite will be meausured. There is already paint on the walls, and I know that the next 4 weeks will fly by.
I have a ton to do to get ready though--I'm planning to paint two bookshelves, a desk, a hutch, and make a few things for the walls. Rick is building the armoire for the great room, plus two little tiny beds that fit crib mattresses (weren't planning on that one quite yet...). I still need to settle on a new dining table, and get it ordered. Packing is probably something that will be done a few days before, but my parents are coming and that will be so nice to have them here to help. It's actually seeming real now!!
I have a ton to do to get ready though--I'm planning to paint two bookshelves, a desk, a hutch, and make a few things for the walls. Rick is building the armoire for the great room, plus two little tiny beds that fit crib mattresses (weren't planning on that one quite yet...). I still need to settle on a new dining table, and get it ordered. Packing is probably something that will be done a few days before, but my parents are coming and that will be so nice to have them here to help. It's actually seeming real now!!
4 comments:
Ooh, exciting changes coming up!
Wow, that is a lot to get done! I hope you share pictures when you are done. It sounds so nice!
Wow, so exciting! I think we'll be in our new place mid-end of May. It's getting close!!!
Oh, I feel for you. I am glad it is you and not me. However, how exciting!!!! Moving into ones first home is always so exciting. I am glad that you don't have to move alone and that your parents are coming to help. Wishing you the best. We hope it goes smoothly.
Post a Comment