Tuesday was gardening day, and I finally took some pictures of our garden and the kids working. It was a very warm day, so Ryan took advantage of the watering cans and fountains inside the garden. We were able to cut some lemon basil, and I can't wait to make something to put it in!
I just love that we are learning together more about gardening, plants, flowers, and our earth. Today we were taught about the oak tree--we studied the different types and examined the leaves. We also reviewed what the White Pine and Spruce Pine looked like, and how you can tell them apart. We looked at bugs, and found out about milkweed. The teacher presents the information in such an interesting way that it captivates everyone, children and adults alike.
I'm really anxious to learn all I can, and figure out how to make our landscaping look nice and our garden flourish. Even better is that my kids (at least Ryan :)) are excited about it too.



I just love that we are learning together more about gardening, plants, flowers, and our earth. Today we were taught about the oak tree--we studied the different types and examined the leaves. We also reviewed what the White Pine and Spruce Pine looked like, and how you can tell them apart. We looked at bugs, and found out about milkweed. The teacher presents the information in such an interesting way that it captivates everyone, children and adults alike.
I'm really anxious to learn all I can, and figure out how to make our landscaping look nice and our garden flourish. Even better is that my kids (at least Ryan :)) are excited about it too.
2 comments:
Your gardening looks fun, especially surrounded by Scare Crow Friends... when I think about gardening in the desert, I just think "what a waste of time and water". I guess that's the benefits of where you live. ;)
Your hair is especially cute!
The garden looks great. What a fun family project. I think next year we might and I said might attempt it.
Post a Comment