Friday, July 4, 2008

{it's about time}

Yesterday I was out with friends, and I asked them about something I had been thinking about for a little while---getting my ears pierced! They of course I agreed that I should have it done, and so we spontaneously drove over to the mall (the 4 of us, and our 10 kids!).

We really were like teenagers again, picking out earrings, making sure they were straight, and taking pictures (and video...:)). It was so much fun, and I'm so glad they were there with me. I wouldn't have had it any other way!

I also decided I wasn't going to tell Rick, and wait and see how long it would take for him to notice. Well, he didn't end up doing too badly! He noticed this morning, and his first comment was about my new "bling bling". I love them so far, but it is still taking come getting used to. Every time I pass a mirror I do a double take!



9 comments:

Andi said...

It is about time! You-Go-Bling-Bling-Girl!

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Our Family Adventures said...

Love them!! It was so much fun being there with you!!!

Nikki said...

I can't believe it. I remember all through high school how you said you would never do it. Way to go. They look great!

Jana said...

Way to be brave and go for it! They look great!

The Holden Family said...

Congrats. I actually never noticed that you didn't have earrings, but you look very cute with them. Now you get to enjoy picking out earrings to match your outfits. My mom got my ears pierced when I was three so now I'm contemplating when I should get Jasmins pierced. What do your girls think? They'll probably want to be like mommy!

Sonja said...

It looks cute!

smart mama said...

serious bling there K-- LOL- very fun!

Megs said...

I love it... I am happy for you. I love wearing cute earrings. I just feel prettier when I do.

Post a Comment